Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Starting System On C6's???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting System On C6's???

How does the ignition system on C6 Corvettes work?

All that I have seen is a button on the dash that you push to start the car, but whats the other half of it?

Does a coded key fob for the car have to be in the drivers pocket in order to start the car? Or do you have to put the "key" in somewhere?

How do you shut the car off, press the same starting button?

What about the door locks, do you just walk up to the car and it senses the fob and unlocks?

Can someone please post a picture of the key/key fob on their keychain so I can see what the "mystery" device looks like?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fob just has to be in the passenger cabin of the car to start it, no key needed.

You can set the car to sense the fob when opening the doors or you can use the fob as normal. I like the sensing feature as it doesn't trigger the unlock unless you touch the handle. Then it locks after 30 seconds of the fob exiting the car and shutting the doors. It's weird getting used to this lol.

Same button shuts off car and just activates accessory if wanted.

I don't have a picture of my '07 fob style nor my '08 fobs which are a different style, sorry. They look like normal key fobs though...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

I love it. Double tap the gree button and the car starts. Hold down the bottom it tunrs off. Hold down for a few seconds on the bottom and it goes in to acc mode.

I find myself forgetting to get my key out in my other cars all the time now. I hope this system catches on and every car has this option soon...
Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

The system sounds really interesting.

Could someone please post a picture?

Does the car come with a regular key too? Or is there even anywhere to put a key into?

What happens if the battery goes dead? Can you open the hood somehow from under the car?