Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selectable Dual Bottle Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Selectable Dual Bottle Setup

I've done a lot of searching, but the only dual bottle setups i've seen use both bottles at the same time, as one circuit. Is anyone here running 2 bottles Y'd together, but switching between the two bottles so that only one is used at a time? I would like to do this so that I can keep both bottles useable, but then show someone when I "unhook my bottle"... meaning the feed line would be open once it is unscrewed from the unhooked bottle, thus making an open path for the N2O to go when the hidden bottle is opened via remote bottle opener. Does someone offer a checkvalve I can put in line to avoid the need to plug the open end? Any other ideas on this?
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a ball valve in the line, lots of guys run them anyway. Shut off ball valve at the exposed bottle, turn on remote bottle, no nitrous escapes and no one knows any better.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

^^Exactly. Whenever you "unhook" or "shutoff" your other bottle just close the ball valve. Nobody will know the difference.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:45 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

If you never intend to actually use the exposed bottle, just run the line under the carpet and have it capped. That way, when you unhook it, it will have pressure in it and look real. Have your real bottle hidden on a remote opener, or ball valve, or a small bottle hidden.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TS6
If you never intend to actually use the exposed bottle, just run the line under the carpet and have it capped. That way, when you unhook it, it will have pressure in it and look real. Have your real bottle hidden on a remote opener, or ball valve, or a small bottle hidden.

Niiiiice!
watch out for this guy
Old 07-28-2009, 05:33 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

You guys should see the **** we come up with. I got a buddy with a kit on an impala so hidden he'll let anyone take **** apart and try and find it. Funny thing is, no one has any reason to suspect him of spraying anyway, but he's good at hiding it.

My tips are things I've seen along the way, can't take credit for alot of them.

Its hard to hide a whole system, so I've found its easier to hide "part" of the system. Let everyone know you have a kit, but make easy to "disable" or disconnect, even if you're faking it. Just be careful, some grudge guys get really pissed if they suspect you sprayed them anyway. If you're gonna hide it, spray small. Its pretty obvious when you hit a car with 150-200 shot.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TS6
That was my original plan... just run a dummy line and never use that bottle. But I figured I may as well have it full and use it since i have it there. I'll probably just end up going with the valve and shut it off when I unhook the known bottle.

And I agree about the completely hidden system... that's difficult. Letting everyone know you have spray and then making it appear to be non-functional is usually easier, and lets the other guy "know" you're not spraying.