Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any ideas?

So I found out my driver side headlight motor is probably going out since it makes that loud *** noise when I close them. But then I just noticed that my drivers window it stuck in the door position. I dont hear any type of click when I type to put it up, but it does make the click when I push the down button. Also when I press the alarm button to lock my car, the headlights flip up then down. Any help???
Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ima do to the temp for my headlights in a bit since I found the sticky on it. But what about the driver side window just not going up?
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

bad motor? or bad wiring? you can pop off the door panel and hook up a voltage meter to the motor and see if it's even getting power. if it is, then it's a bad motor.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

your headlights will go up and down when your arm it cause your gear is bad. flip it over.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay so the window wasnt going up because the switch wasnt working anymore for some reason. I wasnt able to see do temp. fix on my headlights, but I will tomorrow. But I have a new predicament, my turn signals arent working at all. Not flashing on the dashboard, no light, not clicking. But my emergency lights work? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1stunna
Okay so the window wasnt going up because the switch wasnt working anymore for some reason. I wasnt able to see do temp. fix on my headlights, but I will tomorrow. But I have a new predicament, my turn signals arent working at all. Not flashing on the dashboard, no light, not clicking. But my emergency lights work? Thanks in advance.
could this be a bad ground?
its on the drivers side below the ABS unit and also by the battery. My 98 bird used to have a really bad misfire and windows used to roll up slowly. Cleaning the ground did fix a lot.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well it wasn't a ground nor the motor it was just the switch that's gone bad.I replaced it this morning. Its fixed now, but I will have to get a new motor for the passenger window. I'm just having trouble with my signals not working at all.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Teching In

I had the same problem with my turn signals. mine was due to a bad flasher underneath the steering wheel
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Regular

This happend to my car with the turn signal... very easy fix. you need to replace the turn signal flasher. its very cheap. I think it was under 8 dollars. I did it about 2 years ago.

its located under the dash, all you have to take apart the dashboard lower cover under the steering wheel and you should be able to find it. Just unplug the old one and plug a new one in. fixed my issue
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JasonMaskWS6
I had the same problem with my turn signals. mine was due to a bad flasher underneath the steering wheel
lol damn beat me to it!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
lol damn beat me to it!
haha yours was way more in depth though
Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

So it would be my signal flasher? I just replaced it a couple months ago when it was all rainy and I had problems with them not working. So it would definitely be the turn signal flasher if I do heard a flasher click, dashboard signals dont light up, nor do any of my turn signals front/back. But my emergency signals work, light up, and click. Or do you guys think it might be the turn signal switch?

Last edited by LS1stunna; 07-30-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I flipped the gear on my headlights and it worked for about a month, then I went on ebay and bought the aluminum gear kit and installed it. It was like 30 bucks and was really easy.

Window motors are a big problem on these cars. Even though they are not the greatest quality, I bought an autozone motor because it has a lifetime warranty and the motors are both the same...buy one motor and you wont ever have to buy one again. There is a good write up on here, they really arent bad once you do a couple.

Not sure on the flashers. Id replace the flasher anyway, maybe you just got a bad one. You may want to check your front bulbs too. Mine leaked water into the plastic housing and made the flashers do all kind of weird things.

Quick Reply: Any ideas?