Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my trans. going out?

Old 11-19-2003, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my trans. going out?

I was at the track last friday. My first 3 runs went fine (other than no traction). On the fourth run my car didn't shift into third, consequently hitting the rev limiter. I shut it down and went home. On the way home it would go through all the gears fine, but I was not able to get on it because of traffic.

I had installed a cam, etc. a week prior, and had it dyno tuned two days prior.

My job sent me to San Fransico the next day so I'm not able to drive it. I can just sit here and worry about it till I get home.

Should I go ahead and plan on trashing it, or does this just happen occasionally?
Old 11-19-2003, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may need to move your shift point down a little. Might be slipping a little with the added power.

One thing I tried and it helped was a bottle of Lucas transmission addative. It got me through several weeks of racing when mine started to go. When the trans came apart, the clutches were pretty well gone, so I think the Lucas was actually working pretty well. It is not a miracle cure, but will buy you a little time and if it gets better (it will be instantly), then you know it was slipping.

Search this Thread