Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help! Turbine wheel bent..

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Turbine wheel bent..

So I bought a front mount turbo kit off a member and I opened the package and The turbo had fallen into two halves and the turbine housing bent the turbine blades. Does anyone know the best place to get a replacement turbine wheel for a Garrett gt42? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Regular

you dont get replacement wheels. they dont come off, they come attached/welded to the shaft .

youll have to get a new turbo or a new center sectioni. but for the cost of a new CHRA, you might as well buy a brand new turbo
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Im guessing the package wasn't insured?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

id be hard pressed to believe thats a real garrett.
ive seen one of the ebay knock offs that had this happen. it was some of the SSautochrome kits for the civics/ integras were people had the turbos literally fall into 2 halves. it looked like it was put together with silicone lol
Old 07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on how bad they are you can use a propane torch and some channel locks to straighten them out. I've done it before, just have to get them as close to symmetric as possible. Or just have it rebuilt.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by subarubill96
id be hard pressed to believe thats a real garrett.
ive seen one of the ebay knock offs that had this happen. it was some of the SSautochrome kits for the civics/ integras were people had the turbos literally fall into 2 halves. it looked like it was put together with silicone lol
Its a real garrett, I was held together by a clamp that the guy didnt tighten down before he shipped it.

Originally Posted by TurboZ28408
you dont get replacement wheels. they dont come off, they come attached/welded to the shaft .

I know they are attached to the shaft, im just curious if you can buy that part separately or if I need to buy a completely new turbo(hopefully not)

youll have to get a new turbo or a new center sectioni. but for the cost of a new CHRA, you might as well buy a brand new turbo
I found a website that has replacement parts, not sure if this is what I need though http://www.powertechnologies-turbo.c...ne_wheels.html
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MaxxMitchell
Im guessing the package wasn't insured?
The guy said he insured the package for a hundred bucks... Going to try and fix the turbo, if I cant I am going to try and send it back to him and get my money back
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zombie
Depending on how bad they are you can use a propane torch and some channel locks to straighten them out. I've done it before, just have to get them as close to symmetric as possible. Or just have it rebuilt.

This wont cause any kind of vibration? There are only a few bent blades and I could possibly do this, I just dont want to mess it up any farther. I am going to post a pic as soon as I can get my phone to coperate.