Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 SS A4 4l60e not downshifting right PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 SS A4 4l60e not downshifting right PLEASE HELP!!

*A LITTLE BACKGROUND FIRST*
My insurance company just paid for a brand new engine from the dealer and also paid to have it installed by a very reputible shop in the area. I got caught in a bad flash flood and went through about 1 foot of water and ended up sucking water into my intake, hence the new engine.

I've been driving it fairly easy for the first 1,000 miles after getting it back with the new engine installed. But, now that I'm starting to get on it more I'm noticing that it's down-shifting funny about 80% of the time.

Examples :

When taking off from a stoplight from a dead stop, the car hauls *** and shifts nicely through all gears.

But, when crusing anywhere from 35-70mph and I stomp it, the car doesn't downshift, or if it does it only downshifts to 3rd gear. When I i'm going 70, downshifting to 3rd isn't that bad, but 35mph??? LAME!!!

Also, if I'm stopped at a redlight and turning right on red, I should be in first gear right? Since I'm sitting still right??? Well as soon as I turn the corner going no more than 5mph and I floor it......it feels like it's in 3rd gear or something.

All these things happen even when I'm cruising around in D(not OD) and with ASR OFF.

Please help!!!!! This is very annoying....The car was fine transmission-wise before getting the new engine. The mechanic says that there appears to be nothing wrong. He is blaming it on my diablosport tuning that I had on the car, which now is off the car(with and without the tune it did the same things)

HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by 2001slppewterss; 07-30-2009 at 02:10 PM.