Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low profile plate for ls1 fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default low profile plate for ls1 fbody?

i'm going to be switching to a plate setup for use with my dry kit/interface.
thing is, it would be great if i had to pop the hood, that it looked somewhat stock to a casual observer.

i plan on going with the black HSW plate, using a black 45 degree fitting coming out of it and a black coated 3an line so it would resemble a line coming out of the throttle body.

here's a picture of the HSW plate on someone else's car. i'm looking for something like this that doesn't scream "NAAWZ!" at everyone and flows as well as the HSW plate (look at this: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop.../hsw-plate.wmv )

anyone know of any other reputable companies that make a plate that is low profile and/or maintains a stock appearance (at least as much as the HSW plate)?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Our truck plate version will work on a car without a problem and we have the room to cut it down to make it more stealthy. Give me a shout here at the shop and we can go from there.

-Chris
Old 07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you go on an expensive shopping spree on anything custom, make sure that the ports won't interfere with your throttle cable. Hate to see you buy something custom and not be able to use it.

Nick

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i'm going to be switching to a plate setup for use with my dry kit/interface.
thing is, it would be great if i had to pop the hood, that it looked somewhat stock to a casual observer.

i plan on going with the black HSW plate, using a black 45 degree fitting coming out of it and a black coated 3an line so it would resemble a line coming out of the throttle body.

here's a picture of the HSW plate on someone else's car. i'm looking for something like this that doesn't scream "NAAWZ!" at everyone and flows as well as the HSW plate (look at this: http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop.../hsw-plate.wmv )

anyone know of any other reputable companies that make a plate that is low profile and/or maintains a stock appearance (at least as much as the HSW plate)?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the ultimate plate setup would be one you could mount upside down. I think if on top it looked like a regular TB spacer and had the lines coming in the bottom where it's more "cluttered" with factory hoses then it could pass the eye test to people that dont know much about nitrous.

With that setup you could mount the noids tucked under the cowl and run black lines low to the plate where all the factory lines are.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
I think the ultimate plate setup would be one you could mount upside down. I think if on top it looked like a regular TB spacer and had the lines coming in the bottom where it's more "cluttered" with factory hoses then it could pass the eye test to people that dont know much about nitrous.

With that setup you could mount the noids tucked under the cowl and run black lines low to the plate where all the factory lines are.
There is very little room under the thottle body, it would hit the water pump.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
There is very little room under the thottle body, it would hit the water pump.
damn. What about a side entrance that could go right under the throttle cable?

I really want to do a dry plate setup but I want to be sort of incognito too. I know i could do a halo or nozels in the air box, but i dont want to mess with trying to get the right reading through the MAF. I know I could go wet but I'm not really interested in spraying gas into the intake, but i may have to get over that.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the responses. i didn't even think about the throttle cable.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you could go with a Brute Force setup and get the black lines with black fittings. That would make it a little more low key