Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15'' Wheels that clear LS1 Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15'' Wheels that clear LS1 Calipers

I've heard people say Bogarts fit, some centerlines, etc., but I can't seem to find a complete list of 15'' Drag wheels that will clear LS1 Calipers without grinding or spacers.

So...could anybody provide me with such a list?

For my specific application I am looking for a 15x10 wheel for the rear and a 15x3.5 or 4 for the fronts. Again, only list wheels that will clear LS1 calipers without grinding or spacers!

Perhaps this could be a sticky if we get a good list going. Provide links/pictures if possible as well.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by spoonraker
I've heard people say Bogarts fit, some centerlines, etc., but I can't seem to find a complete list of 15'' Drag wheels that will clear LS1 Calipers without grinding or spacers.

So...could anybody provide me with such a list?

For my specific application I am looking for a 15x10 wheel for the rear and a 15x3.5 or 4 for the fronts. Again, only list wheels that will clear LS1 calipers without grinding or spacers!

Perhaps this could be a sticky if we get a good list going. Provide links/pictures if possible as well.
Weld Racings new R/T wheels. There are several R/T series wheels out now designed to fit over OEM LS1 calipars with no modifications. Our wheels are also available in a polished finish, or a black anodized finish. They are a 100% streetable design. I have the polished R/T wheels on my car.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both our Bogart drag P1 drag series wheels and our Bogart street strip series wheels are bolt on without modifications. They would be in combinations of 15x3.5, 15x4 and 15x10.

Both designs are the lightest on the market when comparing direct fit streetable series wheels and drag wheels (we don't have competition regarding drag series direct fit wheels). No other company produces a direct fit front and rear drag wheel for the late model LS1 F-body.

Wheels are customized whereas blue, black, red, or gold anodizing is available. Engraved, billet caps are also an option. They can be anodized with the same colors listed previously.

The street strip wheels are not shown on the website at this time, but they look exactly the same as any of our bolted wheels. If you see a wheel that is non-bolted, and you like the style, we can turn it into a bolted wheel.

Here are a few samples. More pictures can be viewed by clicking the link in my signature.

There aren't any other choices for a direct fit 15x10 or 15x3.5 or 15x4front/rear drag or street 15" combination on the market asside from what you see listed from my post or the above post. Though a sticky would be neat, most will still probably ask the same questions over and over as many seem to overlook questions asked. Give us a call if you have questions.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

SJM:

Can/do you make a street/strip version of the D-10 with out bolts? Not "too" worried about weight as they are mainly for looks/show and partially for racing.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

We only are making our street strip wheels as a bolted style wheel. We can take ANY P1series you see and make it a street strip wheel...they will all have the bolts in the center section. As mentioned, they all look like the drag wheels, but are structurally different.

The D10 drag wheels would work fine for show and racing. They are not a street wheel though.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

So the Bogart P1 "Billet Lite" wheels (draglite style ones) will fit front and rear without modification?

How much do they cost in 15x10 (7.5'' Backspacing or as close to that as you can get) and 15x3.5 (1.5'' Backspacing) flavors?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
We only are making our street strip wheels as a bolted style wheel. We can take ANY P1series you see and make it a street strip wheel...they will all have the bolts in the center section. As mentioned, they all look like the drag wheels, but are structurally different.

The D10 drag wheels would work fine for show and racing. They are not a street wheel though.
I really don't like the bolted wheels and will be driving on the street, so I don't want to take the chance. If I'm going to spend that kind of money on wheels, it has to be what I want.

Since the D-10 is a P1 series wheel, why can't they be made minus the bolts? I thought the wheels were custom made per order, can't you just leave the bolts out?
Old 08-01-2009, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
Since the D-10 is a P1 series wheel, why can't they be made minus the bolts? I thought the wheels were custom made per order, can't you just leave the bolts out?
Then what's going to hold your rim together?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Then what's going to hold your rim together?
Ummm.. I don't know, the same thing that holds the non-bolted ones together? Wood glue?
Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Ummm.. I don't know, the same thing that holds the non-bolted ones together? Wood glue?
Street wheels are not a one piece design like drag wheels.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Street wheels are not a one piece design like drag wheels.
What about the Billet Specialties Street lites?
Old 08-01-2009, 11:24 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by spoonraker
So the Bogart P1 "Billet Lite" wheels (draglite style ones) will fit front and rear without modification?

How much do they cost in 15x10 (7.5'' Backspacing or as close to that as you can get) and 15x3.5 (1.5'' Backspacing) flavors?
Yes, all our Bogart designs can be all built to fit the 4th gen F-body without modification. 15’s, 16’s and 17’s in drag, street or road race designs.

For the 15’s, for the front wheels our backspacing is larger than 1.5" which will tuck the wheel in more and in my opinion more appropriate for the F-body. Ours is set at a minimum of 1.75" up to ~3" depending on the 4th gen application.

I feel anything below 1.75" is too small leaving fender lip interference a concern. Notice on some applications where backspacing is small, pictures shown will be from a side view or at an angle with the front wheel turned which doesn't show a true indication of how close the wheel is to the fender lip. As a side note, there is no correct backspace setting...as long as there's no interference between a wheel/tire and body component. What I feel works best is obviously my opinion, many do share the same feelings.

In attempt to sum up other questions, the P1 drag wheels are offered in both bolted and non-bolted configurations. Both will function without concern for its intended design of drag racing. For example, we can build both the bolted D10 and non-bolted D10.

The street version wheels, we are only offering in a bolted style. From the outside, it will look the same as the bolted drag wheel, but from a design standpoint, it is built completely different.

It comes down to what you intend to use the wheels for with regards to design. If you want a street 15" configuration, our street version 15's would work best, it is the lightest direct fit street configuration on the market. If you want a drag 15" setup, ours still is the lightest direct fit drag configuration on the market.

If you prefer the welds new setup, they appear to be a nice option. I’m not sold on welds 1.5” backspace choice for reasons discussed earlier. I feel with what benefits we have to offer, ours edge ahead. Both are about the same cost, so price is a wash. It’s a matter of what you prefer.

If someone preferred welds configuration, I can direct the sales through our reseller program.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:30 AM
FormerVendor

What about the Billet Specialties Street lites?
They do not have a direct fit front wheel. If you're asking about design, it is actually 3 pieces . The inner and outer shell is welded together with respect to the center section. The backspace is larger than welds, but smaller than ours. If you use a spacer to clear the brakes (instead of grinding)...then the backspace can be even less than welds new wheel.

I am not considering specialty wheels as an option as the initial post was inquiring about direct fit wheels. You can make welds prostars fit as well...but they are not direct fit. The fronts will essentially bolt on with a spacer (making the backspace once again small), the rears you have to modifiy and use a spacer.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the info, I used your email form to request a price quote, hope to hear back soon.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

SJM and CAMARO396, thank you for the input. Basically, said in done, the D-10 cannot be made in a backspacing to be a direct fit for my Camaro while being a "street/strip" version in a non bolted design.

The reason I am being so adamite is because I love (Stress the word LOVE)the look the D-10 non-bolted wheel, I want to drive on the street, and I want an American made wheel and i am willing to pay for that. Yeah, I can buy some summit stars, but I don't want to buy from a foreign company and I don't want cheap ****. Wheels are a long term investment for me and I am willing to save up for the right wheel.

If you can make what I want, send me a PM with a price and I will send you my CC number for a purchase. If you can make the D-10 just even a little stronger than the drag version, I would be happy with that. I just don't want to get stranded on the side of the road having to walk 20 miles home because I bought a rim that can't take the abuse of minimal street driving.

P.S. sorry for the thread hyjack.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:56 PM
FormerVendor

ybaslo1,

I wish we could accommodate your request. We are not at this time contemplating a design incorporating a street version 10 spoke configuration without the centers being bolted.

Thank you for considering products produced in the USA.

Spoonraker,

I did receive an e-mail from you and have responded.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Yep I got your reply...I might just have to do an LT1 brake conversion or something cause those wheels are waaaay expensive. Thanks for the quick response though.

Perhaps you have another style that will be considerably cheaper and still direct fit?
Old 08-01-2009, 09:58 PM
FormerVendor

Costs may seem high or may seem low depending on what you're comparing them to. Our products are right in line with other manufactures products...actually less expensive in comparison to others...and ours are custom built for the application.

By the time you put inferior brakes as an exchange being heavier with less braking control, change brake lines as well as other misc. components, it's not going to be inexpensive... I'm not including time for modification as well.

I wish I had a better answer for you. There really aren't any other easy direct fit options.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 08-01-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

I replied to your email. Don't think that I'm trying to call your prices too high or anything, I was just told by a friend (incorrectly, apparently) that your prices were a lot less than those quoted. I'm sure the wheels are well worth the money and the price is fair, I just wasn't expecting that number and unfortunately don't have the funds at this time.

Since I'm in Nebraska, maybe I'll just suffer through another month or two of shitty street tire launches and save up funds over the winter and buy a big bunch of parts all at once a month or so before racing season starts including a new set of Bogarts
Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please check out my thread, SJM.
under the wheels section.
Or just go to my page, under threads, its called rims.
I need your help.

Quick Reply: 15'' Wheels that clear LS1 Calipers