Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetting at outlet of solenoids

Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jetting at outlet of solenoids

All:

Just a quick question for everyone. I'm setting up a plate kit on a victor jr. intake, and would like to jet the kit at the outlet of the solenoids instead of at the plate, as it would be a giant pain to get to the back jet holder on the plate to change jets. If it matters, this kit is only a temporary solution. I won't be spraying more than 200 through it. I'm holding out on the big shot until I get a nice dp setup on my manifold.

I've always been told that jetting at the solenoid is perfectly acceptable, but I would like to get some opinions from the "heavy hitters" and sponsors here about any possible drawbacks to this.

As far as I can see, the nitrous has to go through the jet at some point, and I wouldn't believe where it is realy makes a ton of difference (unless someone, for any unknown reason tried to jet before the 'noid).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

The two fittings on teh bottom of the page are what you would need. We ahve them instock but not on our website. Also this is for us with 3an lines.

http://nitrousexpress.com/products.php?category=1,14,67
Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've already got everything that I need to make this happen. I just would like some assurance that I'm not heading down the road of half assing this thing.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like a bad idea to me, I would think that you would induce a weaker hit, because it would take a period of time for the line volume to fill and then be forced out the plate.

Seems to me you want a good volume and flow right up to the discharge point, and not choke it on the way.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
I've already got everything that I need to make this happen. I just would like some assurance that I'm not heading down the road of half assing this thing.
The hit wont be as hard but there are no complications to doing that way

Search this Thread