Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My 9" install and break in thus far

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 9" install and break in thus far

So I decided on a 9" rear about a month ago, and began collecting parts (housing, center, axles, and all the other little pieces). I ordered a housing from quick performance (very nice piece) and an assembled center section from them as well. Moser axles, 31 spline. Once assembled, I got ready for the install, which was time consuming (in the driveway on jackstands). Had a problem getting the panhard bar to fit, but eventually got it to work. Finished everything up and drove it.

QP recommends 3-5 mile trips with an hour or more break to cool the rear naturally. Do this around 3-4 times.

My first impression of it all is that I like the gear I chose (4.11), but the rear is rather loud. Not ear drum bleeding loud, but easily noticable. I have 6 short trips under my belt and it hasn't gotten a whole lot quieter. Most people I talk to say give it time.

Other issues: My abs light comes on about 1-2 miles into my trip, everytime. It's present on start up, but once I start moving.. it goes away. It happens this way everytime.

Also, does anyone have a hint at attaching the stock emergency brakes?

I know its a big post and I rambled but I've never done this before and want to make sure I'm on the right track.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

anyone?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Just grind e-brake brackets a bit. I was able to fit them over 9" with a little work.