Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Drive Sahft hitting Drive shaft saftey loop

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drive Sahft hitting Drive shaft saftey loop

My drive shaft is hitting the drive shaft safety loop every time I accelerate.

I changed the trans mount this morning. To a brand new one I got from Car Quest auto parts. Now it is even worse. The torque arm mount looks brand new still.

It is a BMR drive shaft loop. Nearly new.

It looks like it is the balancing weight. or at least I am guess it is a balancing weight that is welded on the drive shaft is what is hitting.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

motor mounts??? is it hitting top or bottom, or sides? stock drive shaft? stock ride height? i have the bmr loop on my car with stock d/s and it fits like a glove...if all is stock id say look at your motor mounts.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000 M6 PEWTER SS
motor mounts??? is it hitting top or bottom, or sides? stock drive shaft? stock ride height? i have the bmr loop on my car with stock d/s and it fits like a glove...if all is stock id say look at your motor mounts.
It is stock ride height. Stock drive shaft.

It just started after I installed LT header last weekend. Do you think jacking the car up in the front could have done in the motor mounts?

It was just faintly doing it until I changed the trany mount this morning. Now the damn thing hits the D/D loop if I am just normally driving. Would only do it when on a hard acceleration before.

If it is the motor mounts that will suck. I should have changed them while doing the headers lol.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Are you sure the trans mount is the same height?

My BMR loop hits the exhaust from time to time on hard acceleration but otherwise fits fine. Have you checked into the possibility of it being that?
Old 08-01-2009, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackfang
Are you sure the trans mount is the same height?

My BMR loop hits the exhaust from time to time on hard acceleration but otherwise fits fine. Have you checked into the possibility of it being that?
I checked the trans mounts. The new one is about a 1/4" shorter. But, I just took off my D/S loop for now until I can put in some new motor mounts.

I did have a big dent in my exhaust from the D/S loop hitting it. But the inside of the D/S loops was rubbed down to bare metal also from the drive shaft hitting it.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

You have bad luck with cars LOL!!!!! I would check the motor mounts...

Quick Reply: Drive Sahft hitting Drive shaft saftey loop