Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Parking brake help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Parking brake help needed

I'm in the process of rebuilding my car. It has a Ford 9" that the previous owner installed, the parking brake never worked and I wanted to find the problem while the car is apart. Well, after a few hours of working on it we finally realized something must be missing. I looked at a picture and found that the pin that goes in the cylinder that spreads the brake shoe is missing. Even better news is that it can only be purchased in a parts kit from GM. My question is does anybody have 2 of these around or know the dimensions of the pin so I can make one?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There are some folks here who replace their stock e-brakes, so you may want to re-post with a title saying "parking brake part needed" or something like that.

You can also try a place that deals in F-body salvage, like Cleveland Pick A' Part. They should definitely be able to ship them to you.

If you are completely re-building, you'll probably notice that the protective boot on the back of the parking brake plate (where the lever comes out) is disintegrated. If so, PM me and I can give you the name of the place that sells new ones. (To the best of my knowledge, there is only one parts store in the world that sells them.)