Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to delete AIR/EGR? Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How to delete AIR/EGR? Help please!

I am in the process of buying LT headers and I want to remove the cats and the AIR/EGR pipes and everything along with my LT/true dual setup. So is there any special things that I need to do or can I just buy the race style headers (no AIR/EGR fittings) and just take all that other garbage out with my stock manifolds? Just wondering before I purchase the headers and true duals.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The air tubes can be unbolted and then pulled out, the air pump will just sit there. The egr is pump can be removed but you need a block off plate for the intake manifold.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to have all of that turned off in the computer by a tuner or it will throw codes and your service engine light will stay on.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So is there any sufficient power gains by removing all of this, or would it just be easier to bolt it all back up to the LT headers? Im not afraid of the workload, I just don't want my car to run like **** and the service engine light to be on all of the time.