Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Can any alarm do this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can any alarm do this??

I was just thinking, I got a new job at this mall and i am a little worried about my car because i cant keep an eye on it since i am stuck in this little store all day, and my town is double ghetto with cars always getting broke into.

Is there any alarm or device out there that when your alarm goes off or someone is tampering with your car will send an alert to your cell phone? Maybe something that attaches your key chain and will vibrate or alert you when something is going on? I doubt that cell phone alert exists, its a good thought for a new product though.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Rocco1005
I was just thinking, I got a new job at this mall and i am a little worried about my car because i cant keep an eye on it since i am stuck in this little store all day, and my town is double ghetto with cars always getting broke into.

Is there any alarm or device out there that when your alarm goes off or someone is tampering with your car will send an alert to your cell phone? Maybe something that attaches your key chain and will vibrate or alert you when something is going on? I doubt that cell phone alert exists, its a good thought for a new product though.
Yeah all DEA alarms like hornet or viper have the Beeper option. Its like 100 bucks but it will page you if so much as the warning alarm goes off.. Had it on a 97 SS. its great to have but can be annoying because your running to see it all the time. If you have this option, don't set your alarm to the most sensitive setting otherwise you'll waste your time looking all day...

good luck
Old 11-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Launching!

ebay has tones of the "radio remotes" it has a lcd screen on the remote and it will page you when your alarm is doing stuff like warnings and going off. i also got a heat senser for mine that warns people at a certain distance and when they get close it goes off. i cant adjust it right though so it either goes off way to much or does nothing.
but i would go with ebay, they have the whole alarm units for like 110 most of the time. search for alarms and LCD in the same search.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clifford has a new alarm that will vibrate the remote when the alarm is set off
Old 11-27-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

You need to get a "2-way" alarm like the clifford 3.5 or 2.5. I have the 3.5 it tells you everything going on with the vehicle. Plus it has remote start. Bestbuy has them.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

Viper 791 XV...LCD screen, 2-way receptor/pager, remote start, fuel/ignition cutoff switch, DEI Sonic Glass sensor, shock sensor, tilt/motion sensors...15% off insurance is doin wonders for me at only 16
Old 01-28-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

For inside a mall you'll likely need the paging option. The remotes for the Viper, Clifford, and other DEA alarms only go about 1/4 of a mile line of sight but have problems when you are in buildings.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
Viper 791 XV...LCD screen, 2-way receptor/pager, remote start, fuel/ignition cutoff switch, DEI Sonic Glass sensor, shock sensor, tilt/motion sensors...15% off insurance is doin wonders for me at only 16
What insurance company gave you 15%? I only got 5% for my Aviyal 4400 2-way paging security/alarm system.