Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

C6 Z06 brakes on C5. Who's gottem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C6 Z06 brakes on C5. Who's gottem?

Since I can't afford $5,000-$15,000 dollar brake setups,....the C6 Z06 brakes look to be my dream come true or a big brake package. Which, I can pick up for about $1,800 bucks. Thats aftermarket pads, stock calipers(c6z06) and rotors, with stainless braided lines. All four corners. You cannot beat that.

I need a big brake setup with triple digit stopping power. It's not a road race car,....it just needs to slow after a real deal run, in a shorter amount of time. I had a issue where a lady pulled out in front of me a while back when I got the new fikse's,...and well,...long story short, a lip was damaged on the wheel but, an accident was avoided. The caliper had issues,...which is why I need to consider brakes before it returns in the street.

My issue is,..size wise, I think I am ok but,...am I going to have any fitment issues that you can think of? I undertand they won't fit on a stock C5 wheel de to 17's. I run an 18x10.5 front and an 18x 12.5 rear. I should have no issues right?

If anyone has them on a car, please, post some pictures of your ride with the brakes,with or without wheels is cool. Please include any fitment issues that you may have had.

gracias amiga's and amigo's
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine. 18" wheel will be fine, just make sure it has the correct offset (+58 if I'm not mistaken). Wheels in pic are 19/20's. Check for them used. I have right at $800 in my set which included the two piece RB front rotors.

Last edited by Spritle; 08-04-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My friend has done it on his Z06.

He is on 18x10 in the front.

His car:

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Sinister/81
Old 08-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

In the C6Zo6 section of corvetteforum there's a lot of talk about not using the factory 6 padlet design and using a single aftermarket pad... I can't remember the vendors they mentioned for the pad though.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spritle
Here's mine. 18" wheel will be fine, just make sure it has the correct offset (+58 if I'm not mistaken). Wheels in pic are 19/20's. Check for them used. I have right at $800 in my set which included the two piece RB front rotors.
]
Thanks bro. I apprecate that. Honestly thought of used but, didn't see anything of recent. You got yourself a great find for 800. Man, if I found something like that, that'b be so awesome. Your car looks great man,..dope. Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
My friend has done it on his Z06.

He is on 18x10 in the front.

His car:

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Sinister/81

Thanks mc-lovin. Appreciate the link/info. Your boys car is sharp lookin.

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
In the C6Zo6 section of corvetteforum there's a lot of talk about not using the factory 6 padlet design and using a single aftermarket pad... I can't remember the vendors they mentioned for the pad though.

Good info. Thanks Josh. I'll do some research. Guy we know with a C6 Z06 who is an instructor, and uses his car for events as often as possible. Only issue he had was with the stock rotors and pads,...the rotors, like any crossdrilled, where cracking,so he replaced those with a slotted brand. He told me the pads but, I forgot.

I'll have to ask him. Thank you
Old 08-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Thanks bro. I apprecate that. Honestly thought of used but, didn't see anything of recent. You got yourself a great find for 800. Man, if I found something like that, that'b be so awesome. Your car looks great man,..dope. Thanks for posting.
No problem. What I did was go to corvetteforum and check for people upgrading and PM them about their stock stuff. Might be something to check out if you're interested.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

i've sold a couple sets of calipers on Corvette Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...-shipping.html

$900 shipped, brand new calipers/pads
Old 08-09-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are those still around? Actually,..let me see what my price s tommorrow on those with my gm discount.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigleman
i've sold a couple sets of calipers on Corvette Forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...-shipping.html

$900 shipped, brand new calipers/pads
Good seller..Bought mine from him..You wont find them cheaper with pads...

Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Car looks good man.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Car looks good man.
Hey Jamie,

Wilwood makes a thinner version of their race brakes for the street in 13 and 14 inch diamters that fit a lot better with some wheels.

That's what I bought for my car. Still working on my project. Motor is here and the drive train is out. Got lots of re-wiring to do.

Last edited by BlownVette 2001; 08-09-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool deal man. That view(your pic)...looks all to familar as well. My car is in pieces too.

Sneak preview...

Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Yeah, I think you're a little ahead of me in the process, I have no interior, body panels, drive train or suspension
Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol. Just got wind of a standing mile event down here in miami. Thought about slapping everyting together to run the event but,....as hard as it is to not do that, I am gonna try and take my time. Maybe get some fender flares,...maybe change the offset. I dunno. Just wanna take my time. Also trying to see if I can buy a house. Times are tough for the car right now,...to do it right that is. May take a while.

Wanna do little things, like control arm bushings,....stuff like that. Wanna put everything together and keep it there.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat as you. Going to do control arm bushings, coil overs, ball joints and all the rest of the good stuff.

I figured I start with the motor and get that done and then move onto the tranny and torque tube.

I'm just going to take my time like you and do things in steps instead of trying kill myself.

I've done a bunch of wiring and work the last two weeks to convert back to an automatic.

Re-did all the wiring to the PCM, Shifter and Tranny, just need to re-flash the PCM and get a start-up tune put on it.

I'm doing a TT system once I get everything sorted out and broken in. It's better to do it right the first time then to do it over and over again the wrong way. In the long run it's cheaper and easier on the brain.

lol. Just got wind of a standing mile event down here in miami. Thought about slapping everyting together to run the event but,....as hard as it is to not do that, I am gonna try and take my time. Maybe get some fender flares,...maybe change the offset. I dunno. Just wanna take my time. Also trying to see if I can buy a house. Times are tough for the car right now,...to do it right that is. May take a while.

Wanna do little things, like control arm bushings,....stuff like that. Wanna put everything together and keep it there.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Amen.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you got some work ahead of you.

Going to have to put in some extra hours or find a side gig to hustle up the cash. You'll get her done. Looking fwd to seeing how she comes out. Good luck Brother...
Old 08-10-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

gracias doug,...

...tony,...what kind of twin kit you going to?

Either way, I like how your thinkin.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gracias doug,...

...tony,...what kind of twin kit you going to?

Either way, I like how your thinkin.
Hey Jamie,

Pretty stuck on the TTiX system as it seems to have the best track record and it's made in the good ole USA.

The top mounts are bad ****'s and make big power but they take so much work to iron out all of the issues with heat and engine compartment re-arrangement.

Other than TTix there is APS and STS, all of the other have faded out of existence.

No way am I doing a rear mount, especially since I'm doing the C6 differential in my C5.

Who knows by the time I get to that stage there will be something bigger and better on the market.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think you made a great choice with the TTiX setup. It's proven. Cool deal man.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 brakes on C5. Who's gottem?