Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Is this a trend? Camaro beats Mustang in sales for second straight month

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Is this a trend? Camaro beats Mustang in sales for second straight month

Originally Posted by AutoBlog.Com
Last month we learned Chevy sold more Camaros in June than Ford did Mustangs. It's like 1969 all over again. Now, we did state that, "as The General has a backlog of 10,000 sold orders to fill (equating to less than a seven day supply), the streak is likely to continue for at least the next few months." But you know, with GM still being in the federal dog house and all that, plus with Ford being on the up and up, we wouldn't have been shocked to see more 'Stangs than 'Maros moving off lots during July. Only once again, Chevy beat Ford in the pony car sales department.

That said, Chevy sold about 2,200 less Camaros (9,320 vs. 7,113) in July than they did June -- and that's with Cash for Clunkers running at full tilt. For their part, Ford sold about 1,000 fewer Mustangs (7,632 vs. 6,686) month-to-month. Drawn out on a long enough graph, and Ford will eventually sell more Mustangs. That's if reading trends wasn't just like reading tea leaves. As far as why the Camaro continues to outsell the Mustang, we'll chalk that up to the Chevy's newness. Once the General fulfills all of its backlogged orders, we're thinking the Mustang is just too tough an opponent to continually beat. Even if they keep covering the Chevy in Gobots Transfromers bunting. Either way, we'll see you back here next month.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/03/i...second-straig/
Old 08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new camaro to me isn't anything special. Ithink the only reason its out selling its cuz. Its been missing in action for what 7 years.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing special?????? 2 door RWD LS3 6Speed and it doesnt come with that Corvette Price tag!!!!!

Id have one if i could afford it
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Launching!

well im glad its outselling that pile.. i wanna see GM pull through and the Camaro will play a good role in that. Id buy one if i could.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

ford has a 5.0 DOHC due out next year with 400 hp. it will keep up with the camaro then, but i hope chevy will do what it needs to stay ahead (convertible, ahem)
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Honestly, I love the new Camaro. There are a few things I would change (can't see out of it for ****), but it is great.
I drove a "used" 2SS a little over a week ago, and it was great! I say "used" because it technically was, but it had under 100 miles on it. Some dealership bought it in AZ, I think to be a promotional car or something then went under or was on hard times, so they sold it to a GM dealer in Santa Yenez valley. Shifted just as well as any Z06 I have driven. It ***** and gets. Got a hard time from the guy selling it because I did a little tire chirping. Sits more comfortable than I thought. I would take one in a heartbeat, but I just don't have the money, even if I traded in my car.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

funny how you guys brought up the fact that it doesn't have the corvette price tag, yet nobody in this thread "can afford it"
Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

well im not surprised, mustangs have been selling like crazy the past few years, people probably want something different.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
funny how you guys brought up the fact that it doesn't have the corvette price tag, yet nobody in this thread "can afford it"
Yeah, I also just blew over 2K modding my car, and have my eyes on about 7K more. It will be a while before I can do those mods... but I also just had a kid and my wife is a stay at home mom. Might have trouble affording a late 90s Geo Prizm at this point.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

Last time i herd wernt u unemployed wes?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can afford it, but id rather buy a house and then a classic that I can work on. If i didnt have a DD then id consider getting the v6 version.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't wait for the vert

Maybe by then my money situation will turn around.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Teching In

lol sooo true.. but in the same time it sorta does has a vet price tag..
Old 08-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
The new camaro to me isn't anything special. Ithink the only reason its out selling its cuz. Its been missing in action for what 7 years.
+1, the Camaro will never be able to outsell the mustang. Just too many people of all races,sex,ect like them..I just cant picture too many women going out and buying a new camaro....Btw i seen a couple in person and they are pretty cool, sad to say they will be all over the place and played out like when the new body style mustang came out..

Quick Reply: Is this a trend? Camaro beats Mustang in sales for second straight month