Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 lq9 swap in 55 chevy

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 lq9 swap in 55 chevy

hi doing a lq9 swap in a 55 chevy. im using the 6.0 liter liter returnless fuel rail.
i am wondering if -8 to a walboro 255 is too much ? i have searched and most say -6 i fine, but i already have the car plumbed for -8 when it was a an na smallblock.
i have found these fittings and was going to use this pump and a vette filter.
basically what i am asking is -8 too big on a mostly stock 6.0? will it hurt anything?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by primer55
hi doing a lq9 swap in a 55 chevy. im using the 6.0 liter liter returnless fuel rail.
i am wondering if -8 to a walboro 255 is too much ? i have searched and most say -6 i fine, but i already have the car plumbed for -8 when it was a an na smallblock.
i have found these fittings and was going to use this pump and a vette filter.
basically what i am asking is -8 too big on a mostly stock 6.0? will it hurt anything?
Should be fine as the vette filter/regulator will take care of the pressure.

Were you putting the vette regulator/filter at?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tank is sumped so planning on putting pump on rear crossmember then running line down the side of passenger frame rail. Was goingto mount vette filter on frame rail even with front of tank and run return line back to stock return line on factory sending unit . After more checking I'm thinking I may just run 3/8 line or -6 black pushlock.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by primer55
Tank is sumped so planning on putting pump on rear crossmember then running line down the side of passenger frame rail. Was goingto mount vette filter on frame rail even with front of tank and run return line back to stock return line on factory sending unit . After more checking I'm thinking I may just run 3/8 line or -6 black pushlock.
Make sure to leave room for an exhaust piping. Its an easy mistake to have it to close!

Quick Reply: 6.0 lq9 swap in 55 chevy