Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A.I.R. Delete

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A.I.R. Delete

I have an '01 SS with the LS6 intake manifold on it. I just recently installed "race" Pacesetter long tube headers. I want to pull all of the A.I.R. system off of it, but had a few questions.

1.) Should I leave the diverter thing on the intake manifold or should I take it off and plug the hole with something?

2.) Does the valve cover breather go into the diverter and if so what are people doing about the line coming out of the valve cover

I did a search on air delete, but couldn't find answers to these questions.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. cut it off and weld the hole shut
2. the air system does not go to the valve cover, that is evap
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Launching!

You sure it is a LS6 intake? any camaro or ta that has the LS6 option does not have EGR. Only ways you can get a LS6 with the egr hole is to buy the SLP version or drill the hole yourself (which imo is dumb)
Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

yes it has a LS6 Intake on it because it is an SS
Old 08-15-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lots of Speed 1
yes it has a LS6 Intake on it because it is an SS
Let's get this straight first, is has an LS6 intake because it is an '01, NOT because it is an SS.

next

Originally Posted by Lots of Speed 1
I have an '01 SS with the LS6 intake manifold on it. I just recently installed "race" Pacesetter long tube headers. I want to pull all of the A.I.R. system off of it, but had a few questions.

1.) Should I leave the diverter thing on the intake manifold or should I take it off and plug the hole with something?

2.) Does the valve cover breather go into the diverter and if so what are people doing about the line coming out of the valve cover

I did a search on air delete, but couldn't find answers to these questions.
1. If there is a hole in the top front of your intake, that is the EGR system, which you SHOULD NOT have is you have an '01 car because they came with LS6 intake manifolds which do not have EGR provisions.

2. as cryp said, coming out of the valve cover is the evap system.

You may be talking about the AIR solenoid and check valve which are located on a bracket attached to the fuel rail on the driver's side. Those can be removed as well as the AIR pump itself. You will however, have to plug the hole in the air lid where the AIR draws its air from, and will have the cap a T fitting on the back of the intake manifold. Hope some of this helps.

Finally, you WILL throw a code for removing your AIR system (unless the code is tuned out, pulling the fuse may also prevent the SES light).
Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a link i remembered I had which should answer your questions.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...oval-pics.html
Old 08-22-2009, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MjMaro
Let's get this straight first, is has an LS6 intake because it is an '01, NOT because it is an SS.
I guess I was given false information; I was told that only the later years of the SS got the LS6 intake and the Z's didn't have them- which appears to be false by what you are saying. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1. If there is a hole in the top front of your intake, that is the EGR system, which you SHOULD NOT have is you have an '01 car because they came with LS6 intake manifolds which do not have EGR provisions.
You are correct, my car does not have EGR provisions

You may be talking about the AIR solenoid and check valve which are located on a bracket attached to the fuel rail on the driver's side. Those can be removed as well as the AIR pump itself. You will however, have to plug the hole in the air lid where the AIR draws its air from, and will have the cap a T fitting on the back of the intake manifold. Hope some of this helps.
This is exactly what I am talking about. I appreciate your help and insight.

Thanks!