Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circle D - 4L80 Multi Disk - SALE

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Circle D - 4L80 Multi Disk - SALE

We are having a sale on our 4L80E multi disk.

Normal price is $1100. We are cutting the price to $975 for the month of August. Yes, we still have free shipping. We have also added a few updates to them. We have improved the finish, so they look amazing. We are clear coating the billet front, they will amaze you when you pull it out of the box. Speaking of box, we also upgraded our packaging. We now pack the converter in 60# packing foam, very durable and will absorb the UPS drivers "accidental" drops - best packaging in the industry!. We have also added a bushing to the front cover, this takes the load off the stator support bushing. This combined with our 3 piece bearing setup will take a beating. We have also improved our apply piston, we strengthen our "Castle" where the multi disk clutches engage. Basically, we continue to improve and impress. We can use either the 245MM or the 258MM diameter converter, so we can build you a stall no matter what power level you have. We can also make it with the 6 lug 4L80E bolt pattern or a 3 lug LS1 bolt pattern for installing it in an F-Body. Give me a call or shoot me a PM if you want the strongest converter on the market. Remember - We dare you to break it! Here are a few pics of the new pieces, enjoy!!

Chris

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing looks bad ***. I am a little low on funds at the moment but hopefully have by the end of the month. I cant wait lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

bump from FTI
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost too gorgeous to install...
Old 08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

very sweet converter, free bump
Old 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

TTT

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Chris
Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Man I could click on this thread everytime I come to this section just to look at the pictures. Im a welder so I have a thing for metal, and I worked in a CNC shop for a few years and I know what those things can do. Great work guys.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:48 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up Thumbs up Chris!

Just wanted to add some feedback here. Yesterday I had the opportunity to open up one of your converter boxes to get a converter prepped. This was to be tested in a FLT 4l80e transmission that was scheduled to dyno'd here and then shipped to the customer. To my surprise I have to say you guys have really stepped up your program and I was very impressed in the presentation of the product. The box was sealed up very good and the foam inserts have that converter well protected. Also the pilot of the converter had a nice little cap on it and as always the converter hub. I also noticed that new bolts and lock tight were in a nice little hardware package. Very nice and professional to say the least. Here are some photo's I took. In this first picture I had already removed a piece of cardboard and the first piece of foam protecting this converter.You will see these pieces in one of the next photo's.

Hardware package and a shot of the converter stuffed in there.

Notice the two pieces of foam that sit on top of the converter and the piece of cardboard I mentioned earlier in this post. These are are leaning against the front of the box.

Top view of the converter with the converter hub capped up tightly and protected.

Bottom view of the converter with the pilot protected. Also the nicely finished front cover.

Last picture is a shot the trans and converter right before it was installed on the FLT Axiline transmission dyno. You can see our test spools installed on the converter pads. These are for Dyno purposes only.

Keep up the great work Chris and crew! Vince
Old 08-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, those 4l80 converters look massive! What was the shipping weight on that package?
Old 08-23-2009, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Wow, those 4l80 converters look massive! What was the shipping weight on that package?

Just stuck my 258mm Circle-D on the bathroom scale; 42.6# for just the converter as delivered. Figure on a little bit more for the box, bolts and foam.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
FormerVendor

The 245MM version weights ~36-37 lbs. The 258MM version is about 42, like mentioned.

Thanks for the great pictures and kudos Vince. We definitely appreciate it!! I was going to get some pics of the packaging, but yours look great.

Chris
Old 08-25-2009, 06:41 AM
FormerVendor

Bump -

Chris
Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Mine is almost up and running... cant wait to get it going.... again, these things are almost too pretty to install.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering... Why should someone like myself buy this converter for a 4l80e over lets say a Yank or Precision? Just asking not trying to start a huge debate.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by formula17
Just wondering... Why should someone like myself buy this converter for a 4l80e over lets say a Yank or Precision? Just asking not trying to start a huge debate.

Thanks,
Nick
Nick,

Good question. Yank and PI both build good converters as well, but I think we take the billet idea to the next level. PI is the only company that I know of that also offers the multi disk. The multi disk converter is a great option because it opens a lot of doors. You can use it for WOT lock up, Dyno pulls are no worries, just lock it up, durability is unmatched over any single disk and you can tow with it depending on how high of a stall you go with - more of a truck benefit though. I designed my multi disk to be the best. You can see from the quality of the parts that I take pride in my work.

We understand the spending 1K$ on a converter is a lot of money. We are honored when you select Circle D for your needs. Along with the strongest billet converters, customer service is a very large part of the reason for Circle D's success. We have been in business since 1976 and you can tell from our feedback that we will take care of you.

Chris

Quick Reply: Circle D - 4L80 Multi Disk - SALE