Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 Camaro SS or G8 GXP

Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 2010 Camaro SS or G8 GXP

I have been having this discussion with a friend and we both can't decide what car would be the best for resale value. Between the two cars, the 2010 Camaro SS and the G8 GXP. What car do you guys think would hold its value the best? To us the main argument for the GXP is its limited production around 1,800 is all there is and all there will be. And well, the SS speaks for itself. The reason for this discussion is what would be the best car to buy now that would have the best resale value in a couple years in case they do bring out the Z28. So what do you think? I'm going to post this in both the G8 forum and 2010 Camaro forum.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Launching!

I would have to go with the G8. Look at the resale of the Impala SS (94-96?). Those cars have a huge following and held their value extremely well. The G8, much like the Impala SS is not going to be redone or improved for possibly a long time-I won't say never. The Camaro will continue to be improved, and will not hold its value as well because they will be everywhere. I still want a Camaro though. I really don't think you could go wrong either way.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

I would get the G8 for the simple fact that they're just plain awesome, I wasn't really a big fan until I was at the gathering this year in ATL, a black G8 was there and it had a TVS on it, when it rolled through it sounded wicked, I've been in love ever since. lol
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Neither will be good for resale value in any near future. In 20 years, the Camaro will be worth more. 4-door cars rarely hold any sort of collector value, regardless of how many are built. The Impala SS mentioned has a much larger fan club than the G8 does. If Obama decides V8s are the devil, then you can count on Camaros going away too.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

So that's two for GXP and one for neither one.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

I aint no expert, but I would go G8, neither will really be a collector, look at the 2002 LS1 F Bodies, they dont have much value. You have to have that NITCH buyer.

Now having said that, this dont even have anything to do with the post.........but in response to Nineball's post

F*CK OBama

having said that, whassup Bro?

RAT
Old 08-08-2009, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

We're in the same boat.. my wife is bored of her 08 camry SE, and she misses her old s/c GTP. she loves the new camaros, and i love the new g8 gt. We decided to hold off for 6 months to a year to see if this whole craze about the camaros dies down a little, and prices get a little more realistic. Flip side of that is there's no more G8's, but maybe there will be some nice used 08 G8's by then. I do think a black 2010 SS would go pretty darn well with my black 98.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would get the GXP,
more comfortable car--I have been in both,
large trunk, large backseat, I believe it has better ergonomics,
to me it is the equivalent of a GM version of a BMW M5.
plus the GXP would comfortably fit me, wife and both kids and our stuff.

I have raced a G8 around the Bob Bondurants roadcourse, great handling, and good visibility without the blindspots of the Camaro.

just my .02
Old 08-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Teching In

well a freind of mine has an g8. it has a few mods to it and it is a very quick and nice ride. it does great in the corners also. his best time is a 12.xx on street tires. i would like the gxp better for the 6 speed, where he has the suto. but he has tuned the ranny to shift very well and quick.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS or G8 GXP