Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Struts..please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts..please help

i have just discovered earlier today that my front passenger strut in leaking and it caused my swaybar linkage bushing to brake. I have replaced that. I was wanting to know should i go back to stock strut or high performance. I am going to eventually make it a drag racing car. Please let me know any help would be greatful. I am clueless in the problem right now.

Thanks

brittany
Old 08-07-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do plan on making it a full tilt drag car then don't go back to stock. Hell even if your gonna keep a street car don't go back to stock. The stock shocks are awefull. Do a search for "shocks" in this forum and you'll find a ton of info.

BTW, 4th gens don't have struts, they have shocks. 3rd and 5th gen cars do have struts.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
If you do plan on making it a full tilt drag car then don't go back to stock. Hell even if your gonna keep a street car don't go back to stock. The stock shocks are awefull. Do a search for "shocks" in this forum and you'll find a ton of info.

BTW, 4th gens don't have struts, they have shocks. 3rd and 5th gen cars do have struts.

It's not my shock that is going bad its my strut. so could i do a search on struts and find info. I appreciate it