Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 progressive pros step in

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default N20 progressive pros step in

Can I run a bigger shot on a stock bottom end ls1 if Im using a progressive?

right now Im about 450 rwhp NA w a 125 shot of the giggle on top
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fotoboy
Can I run a bigger shot on a stock bottom end ls1 if Im using a progressive?

right now Im about 450 rwhp NA w a 125 shot of the giggle on top
In theory yes you can run more HP total by limiting the massive tq spike down low. There are configurations this type of setup works better on than others. A manual tranny, stock bottom end looking to push the most HP reliably should stage or progress thier system by rpm.

I prefer stages though to progressives. They are just to finicky still for my taste.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

My buddy runs a 150 wet shot progressive on stock bottom end and has been doing so for years, and still no problems. It's a lt1 but either way the progressive is the way to go for a bigger shot.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, limiting the low RPM torque is key to stock motors living a long life. Mine failed at 685rwtq @ about 3500rpm. My buddy and his turbos have set numerous records with just over 700hp, but he is still under 650rwtq tq, and you know how progressive the torque comes on with a turbo, peak is much later/lower than spray. I did a thread with a turbo vs a dual stage dyno sheet overy lay, and i was able to mimic the turbos power/torque curves almost pefectly. I too, prefer multi stage over progressive. However, with the better seat materials these days in the n2o noids i will be trying the progressive soon. Just make sure you get a progressor that can have different pulse rate per fuel/n2o solenoids as they can require different rates to be correct.
Robert