General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Breaks up when its cold but it fine after it is warmed up

Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Breaks up when its cold but it fine after it is warmed up

I have a 02 WS6 M6. Mods are in my sig. I got done installing a HSW Wet kit a while ago and after I did it seemed to run fine. Before I sprayed the car the first time I began to have a problem where the car under load will break up and hesitate like a bastard, but only when its cold. Once its warmed up it fine. If I go drive the car for a while and then shut it off for say like 30 min. and go to start it back up and drive it, it does it again. I monitored the car with autotap and the 02 sensor on the passenger side it jumping around and even down to 0. I can also see it on the Microedge controller which is part of the N20 system. It splices into the purple wire of that 02 to watch to see if the car goes lean. I tried unplugging the microedge incase that was pulling voltage, but it didnt make a difference. I also tried plugging in a different 02. It was a 02 that I have in the y pipe mainly to plug the hole. Car still ran the same and the 02 reading was acting the same. This is becoming very frustrating as it runs like *** unless I let it warm up. (especially when I start it up in front of a bunch of import/ricers and cant lay a nasty 1st and 2nd gear burnout). Also If I shift at like 1500 I can almost drive keep it from breakin up, but if Im hold the throttle steady more than that or accelerating it does it as long as I just started it.

Also, I was at the track one night and was having problems with my purge solenoid sticking so I tested the main nitrous and fuel solenoid by taking the fuel pump relay out and testing the solenoids. They both worked fine so I put the fuel pump relay back in and went to start the car. I forgot to let the fuel pressure build and just went to start it and of course it just turned over for a couple seconds until it started. Code P0174 came on(Fuel trim too lean bank 2). I cleared it but have had it come on once in a while when I am having the hesitation/break up issue.

Idling it seems and sounds fine.

There I tried to tell everything I know that has happened and how and now im spent and at my wits end. Also I really dont feel like proof reading my post so sorry for any **** ups....im that worn out from this problem.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why don't you change that 02 sensor thats jumping around? That could be the whole problem. Check all the wiring into the harness to since you tried another sensor.

YOu have a code that is associated with a failing/bad 02 sensor and your scanner says so too.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is exactly what my car did, had a real hesitation/bog when it was cold and then after a little it would go back to normal. if i turned off the car and went back to it, it would do it again. was the passenger side o2
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ation-mil.html
Old 08-09-2009, 08:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks

thats what I thought but then I tried the other one and got discouraged but I will get a new one any way and see.

Search this Thread