Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E40 ECM with 98 Corvette Pedal

Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E40 ECM with 98 Corvette Pedal

I am working on a RX7 that has received an 05 GTO LS2. The wiring was butchered terribly by Henson and the vehicle has never driven with the swap (though we have finally gotten it to fire over). I have quickly learned to not rely on them for any help.

The ECU and throttle body are original that came with the engine, appears to be E40 (3 connectors). The car has a 98 Corvette throttle pedal (has 10 pin connector, 2 rows of 5). I notice many people say the throttle pedal needs to match the ecu... is this true or can the 98 10pin pedal be made to work with this setup? Also, the TAC is eliminated (built into ECM) on the E40 ecm, correect?

I have what appears to be concrete wiring for the ECM, and found some wiring info for the 10 wire pedal. When wired and plugged in, both pedal sensors go to high voltage and I get two DTC codes for sensor D and E high voltage. There is of course no TPS response.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those codes are because that pedal won't work with that computer.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DynoMagic
I am working on a RX7 that has received an 05 GTO LS2. The wiring was butchered terribly by Henson and the vehicle has never driven with the swap (though we have finally gotten it to fire over). I have quickly learned to not rely on them for any help.

The ECU and throttle body are original that came with the engine, appears to be E40 (3 connectors). The car has a 98 Corvette throttle pedal (has 10 pin connector, 2 rows of 5). I notice many people say the throttle pedal needs to match the ecu... is this true or can the 98 10pin pedal be made to work with this setup? Also, the TAC is eliminated (built into ECM) on the E40 ecm, correect?

I have what appears to be concrete wiring for the ECM, and found some wiring info for the 10 wire pedal. When wired and plugged in, both pedal sensors go to high voltage and I get two DTC codes for sensor D and E high voltage. There is of course no TPS response.

Thanks for any help.
The correct pedal is probably less than a hundred bucks and it must match the throttle control calibration of the integrated throttle controller in the E40.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E40 ECM with 98 Corvette Pedal