Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bent 1LE end link, better alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Bent 1LE end link, better alternative?

The other day I pulled the front sway bar off since I was going to the strip and noticed the passenger side end link was bent. The car has never been in an accident or anything and only has 17,000 miles so I'm not quite sure how that happened? Anyhow, before I put another 1LE end link on there, are there any better alternatives? I saw Energy Suspension has one but I have never heard of anybody running them, thanks.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the original designer of the endlinks for our cars trust me when i tell you I know the limitations of this links. It is entirely possible that you did bend the endlink, especially considering the age and the last of corrosion protection on the bolt.

For and off the shelf recommendation, I would recommend the Energy Suspension pieces as a replacement. You can buy them from Sam Strano. The energy suspension endlinks utilize urethane bushings vs. the stock santoprene. The urethane does not cold flow (creep) as quickly as the santoprene. Plus the urethane is more durable.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
As the original designer of the endlinks for our cars trust me when i tell you I know the limitations of this links. It is entirely possible that you did bend the endlink, especially considering the age and the last of corrosion protection on the bolt.

For and off the shelf recommendation, I would recommend the Energy Suspension pieces as a replacement. You can buy them from Sam Strano. The energy suspension endlinks utilize urethane bushings vs. the stock santoprene. The urethane does not cold flow (creep) as quickly as the santoprene. Plus the urethane is more durable.
Thanks alot for responding I appreciate your input. Yesterday I bought and installed another 1LE so I could put my swaybar back on but I will be investing in some Energy Suspension pieces to replace them.