Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What am I missing? Installing Headers in due time

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I missing? Installing Headers in due time

Pacesetter Race Headers
TSP Catted-Y
Poly motor and trans mounts
MSD wires, NGK plugs
Bosch 13111 o2 sensors (they wont throw an SES code, i think?)
o2 sensor extensions
metal header gaskets
stage 8 header bolts
expansion plug for EGR hole in TB
remove AIR, EGR, and rear o2 sensors (car has been tuned by RPM in Garner, NC)

Is that it? Am i missing something? Did I forget to mention a super-charger or 100 shot of nitrous? lol

I want to do it once, and do it RIGHT the first time. No issues or problems. After the install, probably headed back to RPM for a dyno-tune.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Bump... no comments?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good, You are probably still going to get SES for removing the air and egr crap. Well not probably, you WILL but your tuner will tune those out for you. Other than that, I think you are ready

One more thing I would consider is buy some kevlar heat sleeves for your new plug wires
Old 10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would go back and get the Corvette O2s and ditch the extensions. I had problems over and over until I did this.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

exhaust clamps, some good drill bits for poly mounts, and most important beer
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I got my AIR, EGR, and rear O2s tuned out so I could pass NC emissions this past August. I'm all set there. Plugged the intake, put 1/8" steel on the holes, and even ported my TB out a little, and knife-edged the throttle blade. I haven't bought ANYTHING yet, but I got the money. I plan on doing this when I go home on leave, I have friends who can help, they have lifts, welders, etc so if anything goes wrong, it can be fixed, with no worries about using the on-base auto hobby shop.

Will Corvette o2s give me the SES for o2s not heated? I know there was a thread on using the Bosch 13111, so I went off that.

I'm also going to go for the TSP ORY, and cut out sections in the Y, and put my own hi-flow cats in. Also getting 3" pipe, so I can switch out between cats and straight pipes, anyone else done this? It's typical for Ricers to do this, but I have not seen much on here. Just clamp in the cats or the pipes and instant change in sound, power, and ESPECIALLY for EMISSIONS tests!

Oh, I don't drink BEER! I'm a certified bartender