Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best fuel pressure for nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best fuel pressure for nitrous

Just wondering what a good fuel pressure for a fogger kit is. I have herd 12psi and used 7 on a friends car before but not really sure. Also what is changing fuel pressure do when the jetting is correct for example 7psi to 10 psi wit right size jets for both. Does it affect power at all or afr at different parts of a run?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

No one?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We use 10 psi for our low pressure jetting. I assume you are using a dedicated fuel system?
If you can get your A/F close with jet changes, you can fine tune it by changing the fuel pressure to enrich or lean your mixture. As far as a/f changing at different parts of the run, there are more factors involved.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Why do you use 10 psi? Just wondering what the difference is between pressures?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I Like low pressure stuff myself because it is what I'm used to. I like to run between 4 and 5.5 PSI depending on what jet I'm running.

You can change the tune up by playing with the fuel pressure. On a direct port it is a hell of alot easier to adjust fuel pressure than changing jets. Just remember that whenever you drop the fuel pressure you need to pull timing just to be safe. Then read the plug to see if you can put some back in.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BAKED
I Like low pressure stuff myself because it is what I'm used to. I like to run between 4 and 5.5 PSI depending on what jet I'm running.

You can change the tune up by playing with the fuel pressure. On a direct port it is a hell of alot easier to adjust fuel pressure than changing jets. Just remember that whenever you drop the fuel pressure you need to pull timing just to be safe. Then read the plug to see if you can put some back in.
Thank you for the reply. How much timing do you usually pull out per half of psi of fuel? I also hate changing jets all the time it gets expensive and frustrating for me at least.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

There is no way we can even discuss tune up's without knowing what company & what jets you are using??
I use NOS foggers & one jetting uses 5 psi & one jetting uses 7 PSI.
I am running my big spread jetting now & prefer to use as big of a spread as feasable.
If you give all the info, it might help get you closer, quicker.
Just remember with any N2O system, the optimal setting will depend on dome, compression, nozzle, ect ect.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 PM
FormerVendor

There is no best fuel pressure, only what works best for you. personally we tune our low pressure systems to 5-5.5psi and up to 7psi.

Quick Reply: What is the best fuel pressure for nitrous