Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a code, help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I have a code, help

I was doing some normal driving and I threw a code. I took it to autozone and it scanned P1153 saying that the number two bank fuel control is running lean? so what should I do? Its a full bolt-on car with tunning done by MTI. So could it be a sensor or what? thanks!
Old 11-21-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Take a look at the document in this section, with the sticky attached (first post in the section). Page 101 or thereabouts. It describes how the computer determnies to throw a fuel control code.

*Could* be as simple as a clogged fuel filter, or if you have MAF ends (it'd be a possibility), or if you have an exhaust leak. That document may give you some ideas.

Personally, I'd probably clear the code and see if it comes back.

-Andrew
Old 11-21-2003, 10:12 PM
wrencher

Do you have anyway to view the data stream, EFI live ,autotap etc?
Old 11-21-2003, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I threw that same code after the motor swap. I was chasing multiple codes at that time. Ensure that you have good pressure at the rail(58 lbs). A good mechanical FP guage at the rail(mine is mounted on the cowl)is a good thing.....nice to moniter psi @ WOT. If you do, that eliminates the pump and filter > check that the injector connections are fully snapped on > check the fuel pump/injector fuses > check to see if the injectors are pulseing > clogged injector/s ?....bad gas? Not much more to fuel delivery than that(mechanically speaking). If you know someone w/a Tech2, that will "help" track down the prob, but you'll still need to perform the hands on diagnostics.

My prob. turned out to be one of the O2 sensors showing a too lean condition left bank. I had recently burned an O2 wire from a bad routing job along the header. Pulled the harness all the way up to the pcm to visually inspect the wires in the bundle....used foil tape for added protection...replaced the sensor and all was well..... good luck
Old 11-22-2003, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can autotap the car if need be. I think ill clear it and see if it comes back. I dont have maf ends, I have never messed with any of my fuel stuff. And the car has 33 thousand miles, and I havent changed the fuel filter.... So Ill do that and see if it helps. Thanks