Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

engine mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default engine mount

i am in the market for some engine mounts,any body know where i can get them
Old 08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac
Some guy over on the other caddy forum also sells a version.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a link to my full review on the $160 (100 cheaper then the set of UUC mounts and just as solid if not more) set of polyurethane mounts from Max at Ultra Mounts. His # is 503-316-1811. They will answer the phone creative steel but just ask for the CTS-V motor mounts.
Motor Mount Review
Old 08-10-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Ultra Mounts...call Max 503-316-1811. Best mod I have done to the car yet, was fixing the bad mounts. Nothing but positive reviews on these mounts. I have the first pair and have zero issues. Drag stip tested!!!

Last edited by VeryWhiteDevil; 08-11-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys,i will give him a call today,any one have the Ultra Mounts on there V with cam and how they fill
Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

I believe there is at least one guy on this forum with that setup. I have them, no cam. I do have Kooks LT (cam soon) and the vibration is so minimal that I really do not even notice. The solid, locked in feeling makes the car really feel like the power is being transferred, not lost.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Approximately how long would it take a shop to put on the motor mounts?
Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shop labor is rated at 4-5 hours.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

These are my mounts built by 2003RC51. They are awesom and very well built. I didnt want to try another set of the poly mounts, have had to many bad experiences lol and I didn't want to change them again.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Launching!

I've never had to replace the mounts on mine, but I only have 15k on the clock and am mostly stock. I'm assuming the motor has to be pulled to replace the mounts like in all other vehicles hence the 4-5 hours labor rate?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by madmaro00
I've never had to replace the mounts on mine, but I only have 15k on the clock and am mostly stock. I'm assuming the motor has to be pulled to replace the mounts like in all other vehicles hence the 4-5 hours labor rate?
No engine pull. I've never seen a car were you had to pull the whole engine to swap mounts. If you have headers, pull the headers. Stock exhaust, I think you can get by with just the cats. The mounts themselves are just that much of a pain in the *** to change.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Hey guys those motor moints that 2003RC51 are bad ***. I would put a set of thoae bad boys on my car before those Poly ones. The poly ones are great but those steel ones u wont have to worry about breakin. I just broke both of my mounts and im going to make some just like that unless he sells them for a good price. I am also going to make my tranny mount the same way.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Coonass-V
Hey guys those motor moints that 2003RC51 are bad ***. I would put a set of thoae bad boys on my car before those Poly ones. The poly ones are great but those steel ones u wont have to worry about breakin. I just broke both of my mounts and im going to make some just like that unless he sells them for a good price. I am also going to make my tranny mount the same way.
But you are going to have to worry about a significant increase in vibration and noise inside the cabin. There are several 9 second GTO's running the mounts from Ultra Mounts with no problems. Now I'm not saying that 2003RC51's mounts are bad, hell I was going to buy a set until these poly ones came along. They just don't seem like the kind of mounts you want to get for a DD.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

just order the Ultra Mounts
Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

I personally would not feel comfortable running a poly mount(UUC or Ultra) that I have not seen the internals of. I had the UUC's installed and ready to go till failures started occurring and I actually thought about the solid poly design for a minute. I can say without a doubt that if my mounts were to fail the engine will stay in place. With the other offerings there is no safety backup when they fail. It is also not a question of "if" they fail. At some point they will whether it be 2, 5 or 10 years. The poly being right next to the header/manifold and running through heat cycles will eventually deteriorate.

As for the added vibration... Significant is a bit much. From what I have heard people say it is not that bad. I will know soon enough since my car is almost back on the road.

If you want a car that doesn't vibrate then you might want to look into something that doesn't have a V8 with 400hp or more.

As I have said before it might be a Cadillac but I sure as hell don't want it to drive or feel like a Cadillac. If I wanted that i would have bought a DTS.

I did not post this to sell mounts. I have sold all that I have and I don't plan on making any more. I am just giving my thoughts on the subject.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2003RC51
I personally would not feel comfortable running a poly mount(UUC or Ultra) that I have not seen the internals of. I had the UUC's installed and ready to go till failures started occurring and I actually thought about the solid poly design for a minute. I can say without a doubt that if my mounts were to fail the engine will stay in place. With the other offerings there is no safety backup when they fail. It is also not a question of "if" they fail. At some point they will whether it be 2, 5 or 10 years. The poly being right next to the header/manifold and running through heat cycles will eventually deteriorate.

If you want a car that doesn't vibrate then you might want to look into something that doesn't have a V8 with 400hp or more.

As I have said before it might be a Cadillac but I sure as hell don't want it to drive or feel like a Cadillac. If I wanted that i would have bought a DTS.

I did not post this to sell mounts. I have sold all that I have and I don't plan on making any more. I am just giving my thoughts on the subject.
I couldn't agree more with you on everything you said. I don't mind the added vibration of the poly mounts I got at all. Max also has assured me that even if the poly completely comes apart there is some sort of safety parts within the mount that will hold everything together.

I was in no way bashing your mounts, like I said I almost got a set (remember?) this option just came along at the right time for me to get free installation so I jumped on it!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2003RC51

As for the added vibration... Significant is a bit much. From what I have heard people say it is not that bad. I will know soon enough since my car is almost back on the road.

How much did you sell them for and how many did u make. Has anyone had any problems with them. I would not think but just askin.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Coonass-V
How much did you sell them for and how many did u make. Has anyone had any problems with them. I would not think but just askin.
I don't know exactly how many I made but I would guess around 20 sets. I have not heard of anyone having problems and I don't anticipate any. They were going for $190 + shipping but the last 6 sets sold for $170 + shipping.

Last edited by 2003RC51; 08-12-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Teching In

I talked to a shop a while ago about swapping to poly, and they told me the vibration would set off the knock sensors, which would need to be de-sensitized or removed.

Anyone have thoughts or experienced on this?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NJTTA
I talked to a shop a while ago about swapping to poly, and they told me the vibration would set off the knock sensors, which would need to be de-sensitized or removed.

Anyone have thoughts or experienced on this?
Not true. I have the poly mounts and I datalog CONSTANTLY with HPtuners, and I get no knock.

Quick Reply: engine mount