Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LS1 Brakes on a Gen 3 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Default LS1 Brakes on a Gen 3 Camaro

Can LS1 Brakes be bolted onto a Gen 3 Camaro..has anyone seen a Conversion Bracket?

Also, is there a way to set up the Front Spindle Assemblies to where a 4th Gen F-body Wheel bolts to it and the Spindle has the proper offset?

I ask cause I have a Moser 9" that would fit under the back without a problem, I want to see if there is anything out there to get the front to match the offset. If there is then maybe I can adapt the LS1 Brakes to it aswell.

Thanks,
Merv
Old 08-11-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think so....look for EBmiller posts...

I got a nice set of stock LS1 brakes, lines, calipers, brackets, rotors, and pads. Cut ya a great deal if your intrested..PM me.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey:

This is from a quote from mult68 on a 3rd gen site,
"C5 brake upgrades with 1LE hubs
1.5" spacers
AFS 17x9.5 Z06 replica wheels (56mm - I think - offset)

Wheels fit perfectly. They tuck in pretty nice....and the only problem I had was slight grinding on the driver side wheel weight...just had to grind down the tie rod a bit. I think I may have actually grinded a little too much...but we'll see...I'll watch it and make sure I dont see any cracks forming or anything.....or probably just replace it and grind a little less off"

This was with c5 brake that are 3/4" bigger, a company use to make some really nice alloy conv parts for 3rd gens to LS1 I just can find the website anymore

Here is a list I got from somebody, when I was parting out a set of ls1 brakes,
Items to complete:

Get 4th Gen (LS1) rotors and calipers

Remove the 3rd Gen rotors

Get the spindles off the car

Cut off an elbow and drill one new hole on each spindle to accept the aftermarket caliper brackets

Have the old rotors turned into hubs (basically what this means is that the "meat" on the disc has to be cut off so that all I have left is the inner hub with the wheel studs and the hole for the wheel bearings. This "hub" will fit inside the cap of the LS1 rotors. LS1 rotors are "quick change" rotors meaning that they have no studs or hubs on them so they are easier to swap out for new ones. 3rd gen rotors are actual complete rotors which is why I need them turned down to fit inside the LS1 rotors.)

Replace wheel studs with longer studs

Get the aftermarket caliper brackets (ordered from Ed Miller on http://www.thirdgen.org )

Pack the wheel bearings and remount the hub to the spindle

Slide on the 4th Gen rotor and bolt on the caliper
done.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Old 08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice.. if it had pics that would help alot to see it.

Quick Reply: LS1 Brakes on a Gen 3 Camaro