Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

help a/c problem

Old 08-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help a/c problem

ok so this all started about a week ago i have never had any problems out of my a/c and then one night i tried to turn it on and the light on the a/c switch flashed and wouldnt stay on the fan is still blowing air but the a/c itself wont turn on to cool the air well later that night i tried it again and it worked light came on and everything. well yesterday i tried to turn it on and its not working again same routine light flashes and then goes off any clues of what it could be i could really use the help these high ninety degree days and low eighties nights are really starting to suck lol

on a side note i doubt this would affect it but just noting the lights on my climate control have been out could it be something with the sauder on the control????
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

If the outside temp reads less than like 40 or something around there the a/c won't kick on and will cause that button to flash. I've had it happen a couple of times where my outside reading is like -12 even though it's 90 outside and that happens. Just one of probably many possibilities.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

This happened to me a couple of times. My outside temp reads 69 degrees all the time. The last time the a/c light binked on me, was when i went throught the car wash. I havent had any problems sence. may need to change the outside sensor.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

it means you need to recharge your system, compressor wont switch on if it reads the levels are too low, keeps the compressor from burning out.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Staging Lane

actually the system was just charged about a month or so ago

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help a/c problem