Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano spring install ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano spring install ?

I have a 1999 trans am and I ordered my Strano lowering springs yesterday, I am wondering should I install the rear springs with the stock rubber piece or should I use the heater hose mod to lower the rear a little more. Looks to me like the F bodies sit a little higher in the rear so I wasnt sure if this would even it out or not!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by brian r
I have a 1999 trans am and I ordered my Strano lowering springs yesterday, I am wondering should I install the rear springs with the stock rubber piece or should I use the heater hose mod to lower the rear a little more. Looks to me like the F bodies sit a little higher in the rear so I wasnt sure if this would even it out or not!
Your call. It would lower the rear about .75 inch. Also note that having the car 'level' isn't necessarly the best handling option. Personally, I think the rear would sag by doing this.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was advised to use the stock cups, but id the hose mod because i wanted the back to sit a little lower than it did. its your call. i doubt anyone will notice any difference in handling or otherwise on a street car.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

I just installed the stock cups and i think it looks great!!!!!!!!! The Strano springs really have the best damn look out there.