Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Sacramento Grudge Fest

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sacramento Grudge Fest

Anyone gonna be there?! would love to pick your brain about your set-up and get some insight about my f-body! Let me know if you are going on the 22nd of August!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

is no one going or what?! =( am I gonna be the only one supporting LS1tech in Sac next Saturday?! lol
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will not be there but there should be a couple f bodies there. good luck.

what do you need to know about your setup?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
I will not be there but there should be a couple f bodies there. good luck.

what do you need to know about your setup?
Just info about everything....I only have headers, Hoosier 255/50R16s, P&P tb, rear sway, strut brace, ram air mod, tb bypass, and bump stop mod...

I know I need a new lid and maybe a bigger maf, but I was wondering just about everything I can do....

I know cam and heads, stall (even though I still don't know what a stall is even after reading about it from like 15 different sites), new rear/gears, skinnies, and tune (gonna get that done by Nick from Newtech in Hayward at the end of the month). But I don't know much about any of that so I need info before throwin money away and I have been researching but would like to pick the brains of fellow fbody owners so....
Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you have basically a stock car with drag radials. expect like a 13.5 in the heat is my guess. Shorties were a waist of money and dont really do anything along with that flowmaster or suckmaster as I like to call it.

tune will help it but the best mod on a stockish a4 will be a converter with a higher stall. around 3500 will allow you to lauch quicker and get a better sicty foot. this does this by getting into the powerband quicker when launching.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
well you have basically a stock car with drag radials. expect like a 13.5 in the heat is my guess. Shorties were a waist of money and dont really do anything along with that flowmaster or suckmaster as I like to call it.

tune will help it but the best mod on a stockish a4 will be a converter with a higher stall. around 3500 will allow you to lauch quicker and get a better sicty foot. this does this by getting into the powerband quicker when launching.
I know that Sac is hotter than Sonoma (Infineon Raceway) but there before doing anything besides a cut-out I was running 13.24. I had to go with shorties because of emissions and it lighten the load a little bit plus I feel better throttle response (even tho that might have been the tune up my mechanic gave me) and flowmaster exhaust was on the car when I got it so I just added a cut-out. Sounds nice lol. I have been told a stall is the best bet at this point for my a4 but what will that do for driveablility because this is my daily driver so....
Old 08-14-2009, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

I may be there on the 22nd depending on how hot is is outside, and if I have time for a front end alignment. Over 100 and i'm staying home
Old 08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Reboot
I may be there on the 22nd depending on how hot is is outside, and if I have time for a front end alignment. Over 100 and i'm staying home
lol i hear ya but I check with the weather service (even tho i know it can change with the snap of a finger) and it said highest would be 92.... and racing doesn't start till 5 so it shouldn't be that hot by then! so hopefully i'll see you there!

Quick Reply: Sacramento Grudge Fest