Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ring gear bolts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default ring gear bolts

so i was driven my car around yesturday and as i was turning a corner...bam my rear froze up.....today i pulled the cover off and it looks lik everysingle bolt that holds on my ring gear was out......i still have a couple bolts that are jammed inby the lefy cap but past that nothing looks bad yet...not even a scratch on anything....even the most of the bolts look fine.....
any one experience anything like this b4 and maybe know what to do to avoid iy the next time
Old 08-12-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i read this correctly, I asssume there was no locktite on the bolts. Make sure it is used next time. Bc of this you will want to load them up with locktite but dont hahaha. just use a little bit
Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 AM
TECH Regular

there was locktite put on em
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

well what ever happened to it ,,it sheared off each bolt level with the gear..on the plus side all bolts came out and there is 0 dammage to anything so it looks like i just need some new bolts torque and threadlock em in an she should be goin again.....now i just need to start savin up for a mamba jamba rear end and dump this lil one b4 it really breaks