Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Vapor Canister recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Vapor Canister recomendations

I was wondering if anyone has a recomendation for a vapor canistor to use? I just got my 65 vette LS2 conversion on the road and need to reduce the gas smell that is now in my garage.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,

Matt
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just about any older canister will work. I am using my original 71 Chevelle can. I have read that a late model Mustang one is very small and can be hidden hear the gas tank or up in the frame.

At the simples form, a Charcoal Canister just need the tube from the tank and a vacuum source to pull and vent the vapor from the tank through the Charcoal can.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so I have one I found off of a 68 or 69 vette. It has 2 connections on the top, and what looks like a drain tube or vent on the bottom. My next question has to do with the connections on the top. One obviously goes to my fuel tank vent. The other needs to go to some sort of vaccume source. Can anyone tell me if there is a particular connection on the 2005 Vette LS2 that I should connect this to? Should it be a full time vaccume source or is there a connection specifically made for this fuel Vapor?