Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 in my 69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 in my 69 camaro

I have a 2006 Trailblazer SS with a broke motor. I am about to buy a replacement motor for it and want to have the broken fixed to put in the 69. I was wondering if you guys can make me a parts list of what it will take to do this and maybe where I can buy them. I will have to pay someone to do this but I like to get all the parts myself so I know what is needed to do it right. Thanks in advanced for the help.
Brian
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bnbpaintballer
I have a 2006 Trailblazer SS with a broke motor. I am about to buy a replacement motor for it and want to have the broken fixed to put in the 69. I was wondering if you guys can make me a parts list of what it will take to do this and maybe where I can buy them. I will have to pay someone to do this but I like to get all the parts myself so I know what is needed to do it right. Thanks in advanced for the help.
Brian
I would start by reading all the sticky posts in this forum.
That will get you started and be a lot of reading. When you have specific questions, I think you'll be able to get some more help.

Not trying to be rude to you, it's that the question is so vague and open ended the answer would take a week to type.

Start with the sticky posts and use the search in this section. You will find a wealth of information.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Read, Read, Read. Grain of salt (some people are clueless). Read some more. Go to car shows and talk to people with LS1 transplants. It will take a lot of cash if you are paying someone to do all of the work. Maybe look for a shop that has done then swap already. They will be able to give you a shopping list.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. I will start going through threads and see what comes up. I have looked into ls1 swaps and know there is fuel rail, fuel pump and bracket mods but I was wondering if the Ls2 is a similar swap or if its a whole different ball game. The problem is I don't think there is a shop anywhere near my area that has done this swap. I have a family friend who is pretty knowledgeable and if I can get him the parts he needs I am confident he could do it.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The swap is physically the same. Some different components but not too far off. It is not a rookie mechanic project but not brain surgery either.