Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 step questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 step questions

i've got some questions about a 2 step system. i've searched threw about 5 pages or so tryin to pic up some knowledge on them but still have a lot unanswered. so whoever knows please feel free to inform me about ANYTHING that would help inform me about them

to my understanding it seems to be a box that makes the engine miss at a certain rpm until it is off and that's when the built up gas in the combustion chamber ignites and your gone. I'm m6 by the way

i've read that lingenfilter makes the easiest hook up for our ls1 cars. how is it wired in? and what exactly would need to be done for it to work properly.

thanks in advance for the help fellas
Old 08-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Lingenfelter.(I have an automatic though)It works pretty good.It hooks up to your coil packs,Very simple.I tapped into the brake light wire for the 2-step by the brake peddle,So when I put on the brakes the 2-step comes on at what ever RPM you have it set at.I just press on the gas peddle untill the 2-step kicks in.To much peddle and its popping & back firing,Not good.And the other wire for the over rev protection I have hooked up to my line lock.The instruction's show you exactly how to hook it up.........................Paul
Old 08-14-2009, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the lingenfelter on my car, easy hok up. here is a vid of it working on my firebird:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...318_689029.htm
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, ive heard that term thrown around a lot myself..
i feel stupid but now i know what it is..
nice bigboykilroy
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are more name used as well. mostly just for diff brands.

launch control
2 step
chatter box
stutter box

thats a few of the names i can think of and im sure there are more. that was the part that confused me. i didnt know they were all similar or the same thing