Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 Clutch install, hydraulic questions...

Old 08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 Clutch install, hydraulic questions...

I just installed the LS7 clutch package, LS2 Flywheel, new slave cylinder and am very happy with the results. Just a couple of questions: I know that the pedal engages low I believe because of the new pressure plate. I understand that to raise the engagement of the pedal I will need an adjustable master cylinder. That is not a problem but is one company better than another?? Also I had the "drill mod" previously done prior to the LS7 clutch install and realize that isn't the best for a mostly dd car. I hope to bring my car back to the track in the next few weeks and will see how my PST Driveshaft and Strange 12-Bolt hold up...

Any help would be great!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

most (all) will tell you the Tick adj master, i have read a billion good things about it. Only bummer is its price.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually the LS7 engagement point moves up as you break it in. I noticed it almost immediately within my first 100 miles.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Teching In

yea, I remember hearing about that also. I plan on driving a couple hundred miles this weekend and will let you know how it turns out...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SladeX
Actually the LS7 engagement point moves up as you break it in. I noticed it almost immediately within my first 100 miles.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Go with the Tick if you ever do the MC. I got a RAM adjustable MC and the fitment sucked. It has to be ground down to fit onto the pedal shaft again. From what I can tell so far the Ram only adjusts the pedal placement not where the clutch engagement point is. You can put the pedal closer to the floor if it engages on the floor but other then being closer to the engagement point I don't see it worth the fit quality. If anyone can correct me and let me know how to adjust the actual engagement point on a Ram MC that would be great but I really don't see how it would.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Teching In

gotcha, well that is what I was thinking with the Tick adj. master cylinder... costly but a worthy investment!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS7 Clutch install, hydraulic questions...