Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone know some good shipping agencies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Anyone know some good shipping agencies?

I have to ship my tranny which crapped out on me today. My dads friend is taking it out now as we speak and I have to ship it to Speed Inc so they can honor a warranty. Check it out and see whats up you know. So does anyone know a company that ships from Ontario, CA 91761 to Schaumburg, IL 60193?

THE STORY:
I was driving and heard a ticking sound, it was speeding its tick as I pressed on the gas as I cruised on the 60fwy. So I thought, oh great piston slap yay. Nope. The sound was getting louder and then I heard a "GROOM" "POP!" and the ensuing sound of what appeared to be a chain falling down a metal latter. I was in shock and took my foot of the gas immediately, then I pressed on the gas to see what would occur, the RPM elevated and the car did not go any faster so I was coasting the for a few hundred feet. I quickly got to the right hand lane an exited, pulled over and tried to push my car up a ramp to get into a commuter parking lot, couldn't so called my dad to come help me push it up. He's mechanically inclined, not much on my car though but figured it was my tranny, tested it, the car turns on revs fine, BUT does not go forward or backward in any gear, acts as if it were in Neutral the whole time. So my dads friend gets called over, picks it up takes it in and tells me its the tranny a short hour later. Told me the best thing to do is to ship it to the company that sold me the Transmission. So thats Speed Inc., but the tranny is from Finish Line Transmissions. I do plan on calling them tomorrow and see what I should do,(Speed Inc.). But I am asking if you guys think I should just get it fixed here somewhere nearby, just incase if Speed Inc says "no, we wont fix it" or something. Why do I say that i dunno i wanna be prepared. Give me some advice guys.

Last edited by masterz28; 08-13-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

R & L carriers is who I used to get my FLT trans from so cal to Il and it cost me roughly 175 one way bussiness to bussiness.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the response. i will check them out.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Try giving Pilot Freight Services a call. We ship quite a bit of auto parts of out the Las Vegas office. Just to give you a rough idea, based on 250 lbs picked up from your door and delivered to your Chicago zip, I'm getting an estimate of $140.25.

Give our Ontario offices a call to see if they might help you 909-947-0903
Each office has different rules in regards to walk-ins, but it may be worth a shot.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Or if you can give me a weight on the tranny, I can get you a precise quote and make all the arrangements from Las Vegas for you, no questions asked about the walk-in procedures.

Give me a call (702)739-6772

Julio
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds good 2906, I will give you a call when I pick up the tranny today.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like you pump went out. You should call FLT direct and find out what needs to be done. I ship transmissions out all the time. Call me and I could give you a price.

Last edited by Johnny@Xtreme_Trans; 08-15-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Xtreme_Trans@APF
Sounds like you pump went out. You should call FLT direct and find out what needs to be done. I ship transmissions out all the time. Call me and I could give you a price.
Cool thanks Extreme, several techs told me that too. I only have one truck and my dad is using it most of the time. I have to wait until he gets home so i can take it over to a guy that wants to look at it and take it apart so he can tell me what is up, I guess I have to deal with it here since I cant afford to pay for shipping and more prices. Save a buck or two dealing with it here I suppose, have a transmission guy look at it and order the parts from FLT if need be. This will happen on Monday.

Quick Reply: Anyone know some good shipping agencies?