Sponsored by:

Is my wiring right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is my wiring right?

I wired up my system today, ended up using a lingenfelter launch controller and dynotune 2 stage window switch (using one stage). Not using the 2 step at this time, just using the lingenfelter to pull timing. According to the diagram, aside from hooking up the coil pack harness, all I need is to provide power to the orange wire upon powering the solenoid relay, correct? I have the orange wire fed off my WOT switch, so it sees 12+ when spraying, which should trigger it to pull timing, correct?

The window switch, I have hooked the blue wire to the WOT switch as well, so it sees 12+ when the solenoid relay is triggered. It appears that the yellow wire is supposed to be ground for the nitrous relay, so I ran it through my FPSS and am using it for the ground on the solenoid relay.

Did I do it right?

If I wanted to use the 2 step feature, the directions show using a nitrous disable relay, which I don't like. But, if I have my window switch set for 4000 RPM activation and my 2 step set for 2500 RPM, do I need to worry? I realize that if I go WOT on the TB/2 step I will pull timing like I'm spraying, but I doubt it'll matter because the second I let it go it'll flash the convertor and be on the gun anyway.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everything is good except im not sure on the ground through the FPSS. seems right though.

timing retard and being on the brake will be all good though.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I'm on a stand alone so when I arm the system the pump kicks on and should make the FPSS, which is in line with the ground wire. Only possible issue I see is that the FPSS is rated to 50 psi and I'm running like 57 psi. Not sure how accurate these are but I know some guys have had problems with them. I have a dynotune lean shut down switch I plan to install, I'll get rid of the FPSS at that time...or before if it acts up.