Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need new shocks . . . reccomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default need new shocks . . . reccomendations?

ok i'll start with my mods so everyone knows its not on stock suspension lol i have the eibach prokit with revalved bilstiens from strano with an adjustable panhardrod with non adjustable LCA's and a strut tower brace. with that being said, i've put almost 75,000-85,000 miles on the springs and shocks in 3 years . . . yeah i drive the **** outta my car lol i don't hit the drag strip as much as i'd like to and i don't autoX like i was hoping to, but since it's lowered i need a shock that will be good but wont break the bank (thank God i have the rest lol)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I would suggest going with an adjustable shock. Now I do understand that you don't want a set that will break the bank but in the end you will not be disappointed. Below is a example of what UMI Performance has to offer as far as adjustable shocks.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...1i69pfel4dlhq2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing
ok i'll start with my mods so everyone knows its not on stock suspension lol i have the eibach prokit with revalved bilstiens from strano with an adjustable panhardrod with non adjustable LCA's and a strut tower brace. with that being said, i've put almost 75,000-85,000 miles on the springs and shocks in 3 years . . . yeah i drive the **** outta my car lol i don't hit the drag strip as much as i'd like to and i don't autoX like i was hoping to, but since it's lowered i need a shock that will be good but wont break the bank (thank God i have the rest lol)
So what's up that you feel you need new shocks? Might just be the springs have given up (the Pro-kits are weaker and a softer, which are two reasons I came up with my own springs). I don't know what's going on that you are trying to change, but if it's a spring thing changing shocks won't help. Might be a situation where the shocks have just given up--I can't know that without talking to you.

There are a lot of choices. Few great ones. Koni's of course.... KYB AGX's which are adjustable. A new set of Bilstein's. Tokico, but they aren't much less than AGX's and not adjustable....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

good point sam lol i'll take a closer look and have my buddy look at both shocks and springs so i don't end up replacing the wrong thing thank you both for your replies