Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crazy grounds

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy grounds

I recently had a front clip put on my car from a wreck it was in....well I removed the engine myself to save money....when I got the car back I re-installed the engine......the fuel pump would not come on. i removed the fuel tank to only find out that it would come on and pump fuel when I wired it straight to known good source. so after testing I found out that the ground for the relay had 32 k ohms of resistance..I ran the ground to a known good ground....fuel pump works....but then it wouldn't crank, and the coil grounds were the same way....I now have the car running by straight wiring most of the grounds, but who knows wut else is messed up. I need a illustration of ground locations for this car or some advise. tach isn't working, headlight motors, etc I believe this guy painted the clip then installed all the grounds. 02 firebird trans am
Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the grounds for the motor? Where are the grounds attached that come off the back of the head on the driver side? It's been awhile since my install but I had the exact same problem after doing a motor swap. I believe there are 3 different grounds back there. I'll have to look at my car and see if I can remember what we had to do! PM me so we can see if we can get you runnin'!