Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanksgiving day project...PITA

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanksgiving day project...PITA

Well, after attempting to dial in my NXL kit and provide some good feedback, I quickly discovered I have been chasing a rabbit. Well, I found him. Last night went to the track and in usual routine, I notice only 850psi in the newly filled bottle and me with no heater. So, after moaning about it, I get ready for a qualify round. Cycle it on for maybe half track, enough to purge it out basically, but i notice a "surging feeling". I pit and pull the two feed lines off hte rail look up in the screen and can barely see past the screen! Damnit, the new bottle was never cleaned out. *banging head on hood for not getting the Nitrous filter*. I pull the screen adapters out, reverse blow them with the bottle and they clean out fine, the shvings are what appears to be powder coating chips, NX white at that., hmm where did they come from??? So, make more runs and every run, the surging was reuced but still there, no hard hit, no good times.

I must pull the kit to blow out ALL those little friggen lines and passages. Great, and with the way these orings fit, I need sew ones. So, this is my Turkey day plans. Just wanted to share my woes.

Charlie.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use teflon tape to seal the lines? If so, thats a big no-no, and is probably what you could be seeing. Need to use teflon paste. Shawn
Old 11-23-2003, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Don't tell him that, he uses that tape on everything
Old 11-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Restricted User

Shawn, no I did not *thanks Andrew*, The bottle mounted gauge had tape on it, but has been on there for months...not mine. Anyway, theres is a chance that the tape remnants are in there, but what I pulled out of the screen at the track were in deed paint/powdercoating chips. So, the drama continues...