Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumping exhaust after Y-pipe, muffler questions inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dumping exhaust after Y-pipe, muffler questions inside!

So i'm thinking about dumping my exhaust after the Y-pipe before the axle (i hate the look of that big muffler and tips on the back of camaros). I don't want to go true dual since i just got my ORY a year ago and would like to still use it. What would be a good muffler to use thats not big and will be pretty loud but with a real nice sound? I'm going to be moving my cutout back a little bit so i can put the muffler after the cutout and still dump before the axle.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sell the cutout

install a magnaflow 4x9 race muffler

won't gain anything with a cutout on such a free flowing muffler. may as well recoup some of the $$.

i run the MF 4x9s on my TDs and love them.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

bump.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
bump.
I don't want to Hi-Jack your thread, but I am thinking about doing the same thing. My exhaust set-up is Hooker Super Comps LT's to a Hooker 3" ORY pipe to a B&B Tri-Flow CatBack. I really like the look of Dump Exhaust before the axle and I have heard bad things about the B&B Tri-Flow I have with not being a good flowing exhaust and that It is robbing me of extra HP.

My only worry is that if I go an have the B&B removed and put a Bullet Muffler with a turn-down that It will be WAY to loud.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by STREET99
I don't want to Hi-Jack your thread, but I am thinking about doing the same thing. My exhaust set-up is Hooker Super Comps LT's to a Hooker 3" ORY pipe to a B&B Tri-Flow CatBack. I really like the look of Dump Exhaust before the axle and I have heard bad things about the B&B Tri-Flow I have with not being a good flowing exhaust and that It is robbing me of extra HP.

My only worry is that if I go an have the B&B removed and put a Bullet Muffler with a turn-down that It will be WAY to loud.
You can never be to loud haha, i like my **** loud!...but with a nice tone mixed with the loudness.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a moroso spiral flow off the Y, pretty loud at wot but I liked the cutout best.

Quick Reply: Dumping exhaust after Y-pipe, muffler questions inside!