Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another which cam is best for me thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another which cam is best for me thread!

Ok, I have done a pretty decent amount of reading on here but I still can't get a hang of this cam stuff.

I have mods in sig plus will be doing ud pulley and p/p tb. I plan to eventually run a 100 wet shot.

my goal for the car is mid to low 11's off nitrous. I DD the car now but when fall rolls around I am picking up a daily so I can park the camaro. Even though I have a daily, I want to be able to be able to just hop in the car and go for a cruise if i want without a driveability issue. Not to say it can't be rough, but if I drive the car to work 3 days in a row I don't want to be sick of driving it. I would like a good overall power gain in low, mid, and high end power if possible. I love the feeling of low end torque and will not add a cam that kills my low end in order to get great top end. I will be keeping the ls6 intake and stock heads for now, so I want it to still be making good power on those, but also be able to pick up some power if I decide down the road I want to throw a set of 243's and a 90/90 setup on. I don't want to have to constantly check on my valvesprings or worry that I'm going to snap a timing chain either.

In the distant future I may be looking to add a magnuson to it, I really miss the sound of blower whine from my last car and would like to be able to run 6 or 7 pounds with the cam without issue.

If I'm being too picky or I'm not precise enough abotu what I want to do with the car, i apologize and thanks for reading!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Custom.

Get a hold of Predator Z, Pat G, Comp Cams, etc.

Thats the best way.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

224-228r
Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

F-13, or Pat G
Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

custom cam, and 4.10s will give you a good start. if youre gonna add heads and intake in there, get the cam ground for that unless you wanna buy one now and one for the new setup. you arent going to see low 11s off the bottle with an M6 and a 10 bolt. 11.9-11.7 would be what you might be able to achieve off the bottle if you drive your nuts off without blowing up the 10 bolt. then again, if you dont want a driveability issue, you cant get a big cam, so your setup better be made perfectly to match if you wanna hit 11s without a big cam.