Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

critique my suspension setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default critique my suspension setup

main usage of my vehicle is friday/saturday night street racing, very rarely going to the strip...

eibach drag launch springs
comp eng 3 way rear shocks
qa1 R's up front
rear control arms
double adj panhard
adj torque arm
sfc's

probably going to purchase bigger sway bar for the front and rear... the reason i say this is because i can disconnect the front at the track, and run slicks/skinnies. and then pop the sway bar back on and drive home on a set of 275's all the way around and still have a somewhat decent handling vehicle that can make a 80mph turn on the interstate. is this unreasonable?
the bigger rear bar would also help at the track..
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I_Need_Land
main usage of my vehicle is friday/saturday night street racing, very rarely going to the strip...

is this unreasonable?
yes it is
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

what part is unreasonable. the street racing part or the suspension setup?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

what part is unreasonable. the street racing part or the suspension setup?
Street racing; take it to the track.

And critique it how? Beating the ricer next you you to McDonalds or an actual performance question?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mitchntx
yes it is
I agree. You could probably smoke all the ricers on your stock setup and pep boys tires because most of those kids only know how to chuck revs. But then again I see things differently than most. Now days I don't see the point of making a modification unless it was going to help me in some sort of way in racing
Old 08-18-2009, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

well im trying to avoid the tremendous body roll of a no sway bar slick/skinny setup daily driven, its fine around town because its normal to go slow around turns.... but on the highway on ramps and off ramps its very scary feeling. im basically going for a all out drag setup but im basically getting at that if i have slightly larger than stock sway bars that i can connect them for daily use and take the front links off at the strip... leaving them on for when i drive it on the weekends eliminating the massive lean on the highway. im not concerned with the ride quality of the drag setup just looking to stop the roll action on highway turns... through the use of the wider tires (not the lean aspect..) and the sway bars for the lean.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

well im trying to avoid the tremendous body roll of a no sway bar slick/skinny setup daily driven, its fine around town because its normal to go slow around turns.... but on the highway on ramps and off ramps its very scary feeling. im basically going for a all out drag setup but im basically getting at that if i have slightly larger than stock sway bars that i can connect them for daily use and take the front links off at the strip... leaving them on for when i drive it on the weekends eliminating the massive lean on the highway. im not concerned with the ride quality of the drag setup just looking to stop the roll action on highway turns... through the use of the wider tires (not the lean aspect..) and the sway bars for the lean.
I suggest doing some searching. You're covering a whole lot of suspension areas with all this stuff and making a lot of assumptions.

If you don't use a front swaybar on the street, you'll have horrible body roll. Also prey you don't snap oversteer in any situations where you have to swerve quick.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I suggest doing some searching. You're covering a whole lot of suspension areas with all this stuff and making a lot of assumptions.

If you don't use a front swaybar on the street, you'll have horrible body roll. Also prey you don't snap oversteer in any situations where you have to swerve quick.
i understand im getting into the "i want it all" zone. im probably just gonna go with a full blown drag setup and run the stock sway bar hooked up and my street tires (275's all around) on the street and track usage use the slicks/skinnys and unhook the sway bar. i daily drive a camry so i dont have to suffer with the full blown drag camaro every day.

as far as a decent drag setup does the list above sound good ? i already have half of that stuff installed. ordering the rest tonight or tommorrow. any other recommendations on front struts/springs?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i understand im getting into the "i want it all" zone. im probably just gonna go with a full blown drag setup and run the stock sway bar hooked up and my street tires (275's all around) on the street and track usage use the slicks/skinnys and unhook the sway bar. i daily drive a camry so i dont have to suffer with the full blown drag camaro every day.

as far as a decent drag setup does the list above sound good ? i already have half of that stuff installed. ordering the rest tonight or tommorrow. any other recommendations on front struts/springs?
Hello the set up sound really good other than the rear shocks. I am going to recommend an adjustable shock but I would recommend a QA1 either single or double. They will for surely give you better adjustment and you will notice the difference in the weight transfer. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance will be able to help you out with your list.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...fpv4qflo34d4j2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello the set up sound really good other than the rear shocks. I am going to recommend an adjustable shock but I would recommend a QA1 either single or double. They will for surely give you better adjustment and you will notice the difference in the weight transfer. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance will be able to help you out with your list.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...fpv4qflo34d4j2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
which ones should i go with? single adj, gen f or r?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:21 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

which ones should i go with? single adj, gen f or r?
I would go with the single adjustables. They will work perfectly for what your doing. The comp engineering 3 ways are not the worst shock in the world they will do the job but in order to make the best use of all of your other parts the QA1's would give you a little more tunability. We ahve a very competitive price on the whole QA1 line as well as the Strange line of parts. Here is a link to our site. Give me a call if you have any questions.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!