Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp rumbler with flowmaster muffler

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tsp rumbler with flowmaster muffler

has anyone purchased a tsp rumbler and used a different muffler. i see alot of guys mixing and matching mufflers/ exhaust systems...

tsp rumbler, and instead of the bullet muffler, a single chamber flowmaster within a 3" I pipe......

??

is this just an off the wall thought, or could it be done ?
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned

the TSP rumbler is the catback/muffler. u dont add anything to it. it is a GREAT system, cheap price too
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lots of guys have removed the bullets that came on the Rumbler and installed their choice of mufflers on the TSP Rumbler...go for it ... ... you may want to check your ground clearance first.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

rumbler is a great catback. basically a loudmouth thats cheaper. I dont think you could run a flowmaster on it in the I-pipe though due to ground and driveshaft clearance. However. you could put a straight pipe where the muffler is and put 2 single chamber flowmasters behind the axle before your tips...that's about the only way i would know how to do it.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

You trying to quiet down the car or give a nice tone? You can also try putting in a Sweet Thunder chambered muffler in the place of the bullet.
-Joel
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was thinking about true duals, i like the idea of the deep tone they provide.

i have a rotted out flowmaster right now..... electric cutout, but not a fan of the dump truck sound....i want the car to be loud but no rasp.... i like the sound of flowmasters that are a straight through flow design....

just looking for something different, yet effective
Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i had my rumbler for about a week before i changed the muffler. it was too deep and trucklike for my taste, so i traded some guy locally for his LM1 resonator. 100x better now IMO
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM

I have the Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 45420, I purchased it direct here. Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 45420, I have no comlaints with this cat I passed emissions and got not engine code errors so Im happy. You would not believe what the dealer wanted to charge me for this thing. Definately buy online and put it on your self its way cheaper.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kevinGTB1
I have the Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 45420, I purchased it direct here. Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 45420, I have no comlaints with this cat I passed emissions and got not engine code errors so Im happy. You would not believe what the dealer wanted to charge me for this thing. Definately buy online and put it on your self its way cheaper.
kev, i appreciate your post. But allow me to ask you a question.
Did you just post a link to a 700 dollar cat convertor ??

Um, this doesnt really pertain to my post, but this is in no way a flame ( or whatever tough guys online do )

i could buy a corsa exhaust for 700 bucks ( or close to it )....are you sure the dealer wasnt going to charge you the 700 bucks ??

anyways....thanks for the replies fellas. i will weigh my options and see what suits me best.....

anyone else have suggestions, feel free to post up
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
You trying to quiet down the car or give a nice tone? You can also try putting in a Sweet Thunder chambered muffler in the place of the bullet.
-Joel
FYI - the "bullet" that comes with the tsp rumbler and the Sweet Thunder muffler are both chambered. They have the same design and will sound about the same, in volume too.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how would the LM 2 muffler differ from the LM1 resonator and the tsp bullet ?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
how would the LM 2 muffler differ from the LM1 resonator and the tsp bullet ?
the LM2 is more of a glasspack muffler, it has a lot of perforated holes to absorb sound into the fiberglass packing. the Dynomax bullet has fewer holes but they are larger to absorb more sound. the LM1 resonator is a 4 inch straight pipe with 3 inch ends. all 3 flow the same, LM1 is the loudest. LM2 and Dynomax will be similar in volume, but the dynomax will have more tone to it
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
the LM2 is more of a glasspack muffler, it has a lot of perforated holes to absorb sound into the fiberglass packing. the Dynomax bullet has fewer holes but they are larger to absorb more sound. the LM1 resonator is a 4 inch straight pipe with 3 inch ends. all 3 flow the same, LM1 is the loudest. LM2 and Dynomax will be similar in volume, but the dynomax will have more tone to it
thanks for the tutorial.....i'm definitely looking for " tone "
hence the reason why i am trying to incorporate a single chamber flowmaster.

i was thinking of getting 2 and mounting them vertically before the tips, run a 3 " straight pipe for the I pipe ( using a loudmouth cat back ) which splits into 2 seperate tail pipes after the axle.... make sense ?

i posted in the true duals thread, and quoted another members setup....
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
thanks for the tutorial.....i'm definitely looking for " tone "
hence the reason why i am trying to incorporate a single chamber flowmaster.

i was thinking of getting 2 and mounting them vertically before the tips, run a 3 " straight pipe for the I pipe ( using a loudmouth cat back ) which splits into 2 seperate tail pipes after the axle.... make sense ?

i posted in the true duals thread, and quoted another members setup....
save some money and do it with the TSP rumbler its aluminized steel rather than stainless steel like the loudmouth, but its under 300 bucks. put it on, have a shop cut out the bullet and weld in a pipe, sell the bullet for 40 bucks or so, make some money back
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet deal......thats what i may do then !