Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cltuch bleeding with motor and tranny in the car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cltuch bleeding with motor and tranny in the car.

I have a 63 nova with a Ls1 T56 swap and want to install it later this week and am runing the monster stage 3 premium clutch and flywheel with the quicktime sfi bellhousing... My question is, can I install the unit with the quickrelease line snapped in and be able to bleed the line with the whole unit installed in the car. Would I be able to get to the bleeder screw with the quicktime bellhousing and everything installed... BTW, I am running the McLeod Adjustable Master Cylinder

Also btw I put a new roller pilot bearing and tapped it in nice and easy but went less than a 1/32 of a inch pass the crankshaft end maybe even smaller, its just not flush. Is it too far in the end of the crank. I don't think it is a problem just I am worrying too much about it before I install it for good.

Last edited by AlmostfastLT1; 08-19-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also any tips or procedures in the bleeding process of the McLeod Adjustable Master Cylinder. Anyone familar with this master.

Thanks Mark
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM

If it were me, I would install one of the remote bleeders that are redaly available on here.

Then you could route it out of the way, and into a nice easy spot.

If not, you may or may not be able to reach the bleeder. Since it's not installed into the car, can you see the bleeder at all? If so then chances are that you could probably bleed it in ca, just have to make sure body does not interfere.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

What brand remote bleeder on here would you recomend... I haven't installed the tranny into the bellhousing yet so I am not too sure if it can be reached easily, but if the remote bleeder is reasonable in price I might do it before the install...

Originally Posted by k5383
If it were me, I would install one of the remote bleeders that are redaly available on here.

Then you could route it out of the way, and into a nice easy spot.

If not, you may or may not be able to reach the bleeder. Since it's not installed into the car, can you see the bleeder at all? If so then chances are that you could probably bleed it in ca, just have to make sure body does not interfere.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:52 PM

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...w-sponsor.html

i was going to buy one from here.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to open the hole a little on my quicktime bell to be able to get the 11mm socket to fit
Old 08-22-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
I had to open the hole a little on my quicktime bell to be able to get the 11mm socket to fit
was it an existing hole that you enlarged with a drill bit I will check my bellhousing this weekend.

I might just forget about the quick bleeder and do it the old fashion way with 2people, one pumping the clutch and the other cracking the valve. I just want to get this car together and I have spent so much money on alot of random things...
Old 08-22-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new Tick Solo bleeders work wonders! I love mine...had to use it again yesterday...beats the **** outta being under a car w/ a socket why a buddie has to pump the pedal....lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AlmostfastLT1
was it an existing hole that you enlarged with a drill bit I will check my bellhousing this weekend.

I might just forget about the quick bleeder and do it the old fashion way with 2people, one pumping the clutch and the other cracking the valve. I just want to get this car together and I have spent so much money on alot of random things...

If you go that route, don't PUMP the pedal.

One man under, on slave.

One man in car.

Top off reservoir

Apply pressure to pedal (but NOT to floor, and do NOT pump) crack open valve. Push pedal SLOWLY to floor. have person CLOSE valve BEFORE pedal gets to floor. Release pedal, and do again. After @ 3 times of this, check reserovir.
Repeat these steps until no more air and or/firm pedal

Edit:After you have done this a few times, THEN you will ask yourself why you did not buy the remote bleeder
Old 08-23-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey take it easy, I decided to get one

Thanks for the tips!

Originally Posted by Gen414
If you go that route, don't PUMP the pedal.

One man under, on slave.

One man in car.

Top off reservoir

Apply pressure to pedal (but NOT to floor, and do NOT pump) crack open valve. Push pedal SLOWLY to floor. have person CLOSE valve BEFORE pedal gets to floor. Release pedal, and do again. After @ 3 times of this, check reserovir.
Repeat these steps until no more air and or/firm pedal

Edit:After you have done this a few times, THEN you will ask yourself why you did not buy the remote bleeder

Quick Reply: Cltuch bleeding with motor and tranny in the car.