Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano sway bar bushing question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano sway bar bushing question.

I was just wondering what is the energy suspension part number for Strano rear sway bars? I tightened it down and torqued it to manufactur specs a couple months ago when I was installing it, and now there is some play in the bar when I yank on it makes a clcking like noise, the noise is als when i am driving it.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Do you have the old bars or the new bars? There isn't a specific Energy Suspension number.... You need a set of 22mm bar bushings if you need to replace them but there are two different sized brackets, I see to recall either work but I am not 100% sure on that anymore (since I never use them).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got them in feb. 2009, so I think it is the new one. I am using the brackets that came with the kit.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

That was a transition period. The bushings shouldn't be super tight, the bar has to move and not bind to work properly.

I guess I don't follow why you think there is a problem. Are the bushings lubed? Is there dirt between the bar and the bushings? I can't imagine what clicking noise would stem from with regards to the bar. It just pivots in the bushings.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Strano sway bar bushing question.