Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 Single Adjustable Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QA1 Single Adjustable Shocks

I'm looking at upgrading my stock suspension to QA1 shocks and springs, but I can't decide if I want to go with single adjustable or double adjustable. I'd rather not spend the insane amount of money on double adjustable so I just need this question answered. In the 12 different settings that the single adjustable shocks have can you set it so the rebound is loose but the compression is stiff for a nice drag setup for the front? Since the adjustment **** adjusts both compression and rebound at the same time it would be bad if they both stiffen simultaneously or loosen simultaneously.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
With a single adjustable the compression and the rebound are built into the valve in the shock. Such as if you wanted to adjust it to a drag set up! It would compress and carry at the valve you where off the throttle and then rebound. Compare to the double which a lot of customers that we have with high horse power cars can fine tune their suspension by adjusting the compression and rebound. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Banging some gears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do... sorry not robbing the thread.. but what spring rate for a full weight mid horspower? car weighed 3888 with me in the seat before my cage and before my light weight wheels... 300 spring rate w/single adj be a good upgrade from stock?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greyghost4x4
i do... sorry not robbing the thread.. but what spring rate for a full weight mid horspower? car weighed 3888 with me in the seat before my cage and before my light weight wheels... 300 spring rate w/single adj be a good upgrade from stock?

Hello, if its a street strip car 325lb springs would be a better choice. If it a track only car the 300lb springs would be the better choice.The single adjustable shocks will be perfectly fine. If you have any other questions or would like to place an order please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Banging some gears

well it's a street strip car... but it hardly see's street use.. if it does.. its to race
Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greyghost4x4
well it's a street strip car... but it hardly see's street use.. if it does.. its to race

I would use the 325lb springs. Your right in that area were the 300lb ones are not quite enough. If you have any other questions or would like to place an order please give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If ya a m6 car i would say double adjustable and single with a auto. I have single adjustable with 325lbs i for for $200 So that's why my m6 car are not double adjustable. I have seen to many m6 cars front come up and then the front end come back down to far unloading rear tires during shifts. With double adjustable you can control that. I have had my k-member come down and smack the ground a few times with my Qa1's sitting about 1.5" low and set on 3. Also Qa1's are know to leak. I had my rebuilt and its leaking again! If you have the money get strange
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Teching In

mine are leaking also. just curious did you order a rebuild kit or did you send them off cause i'm trying to find a rebuild kit for mine
Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent to place in California and was leaking 300miles after http://www.naake.com/

Quick Reply: QA1 Single Adjustable Shocks